Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting bullied by a mod

Options
  • 28-02-2014 11:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,068 ✭✭✭

A certain mod has it in for me and has just banned me from another forum after giving me an infraction a couple of week ago. Fair enough I deserved to be banned from the film forum, but not for a month. Now I'm banned from the gaming forum for stating an opinion and was most certainly not trolling.

Edit - On reflection bullying is the wrong word to have used and I do not believe the mod to be a bully so I apologise. I still believe the mod has some sort of vendetta against me for reasons unknown to me. I will accept the ban, and hope that other mods and admins from this site keep a close eye on this mod and especially his treatment of me.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,584 CMod ✭✭✭✭Steve

Dispute resolution forum for this:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=1397

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Hi,

first off, if you have an issue with a ban try talking to the mod in question by private message.

If you still feel there is an issue, start a DRP thread and a Category Mod will look into the issue for you.

Secondly:

Feedback is not the place for a ban appeal or for claiming that a mod is bullying you.

Neither is it the place to call mods names and you really are not doing yourself any favours by doing so in a public arena.

However, seeing as you have made this claim in public, please report all PMs you have received from the mod in question so I can review them. Also, please send me a private message with links to posts that support your claim of being bullied.

I can assure you that this is not something we take lightly.

Please send on the links as soon as possible.

thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,339 ✭✭✭✭LoLth

Just to be completely clear on this for anyone reading:

the user in question got a 1 month ban from a mod in forum A . Admits the ban is deserved but feels the duration is too long. I will check to see if there was a DRP raised at the time.

the user then received, 3 weeks later, another ban for a week from Forum B but from the same moderator (mods both A and B). and claims its over the top and so is bullying by the mod in question.

the issue here is:

were the bans / infractions justified. Doesn't matter if the mod was the same, mods apply the charter and enforce the rules and should do so with consistency. One mod applying an infraction should be the same as any mod of that forum doing so.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement