Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Manchester City v Sunderland - Capital One Cup Final - Sunday 2nd March (2pm) - SS1

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Neat finish with the outside of the boot

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

P1ss poor defending by Vinnie there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,592 ✭✭✭enfant terrible

Terrible defending by Kompany, he's been crap lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭LightningBlue

Class by Adam Johnson

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 21,667 Mod ✭✭✭✭helimachoptor

hopefully sunderland keep up a good attacking tempo and not try to protect their lead..

• Registered Users Posts: 8,868 ✭✭✭Andersonisgod

It always surprises me how Kompany is so highly rated. Very good player but too often I read/hear people say he is the best centre back in the world, or one of the two best centre backs in the world. Not for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,337 ✭✭✭✭monkey9

Sunderland fans doing the Poznan! :pac::pac:

It always surprises me how Kompany is so highly rated. Very good player but too often I read/hear people say he is the best centre back in the world, or one of the two best centre backs in the world. Not for me.

You think Mascherano is a good centre back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,428 ✭✭✭Talib Fiasco

Just the start Sunderland needed...although it's worrying I'm glad there's a game on now. Cmon to f*ck City.

• Advertisement

monkey9 wrote: »
    You think Mascherano is a good centre back.

Not entirely sure how relevant that is, but yes I do think he has done a good job as a Barcelona centre back. Am I nominating him for best centre back in the world? No.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 833 ✭✭✭Ganymede Glow

3186227.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,833 ✭✭✭Vinz Mesrine

Suarez-esque

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Looked at the clock thinking to see we were coming towards the end of the first half, 20 minutes gone :pac: Longest 20 minutes of my life that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Everyone makes mistakes, Kompany has proved time and time again that he is one of the best in the world. Can't think of many centre halfs I'd choose over him.

Besides Thiago Silva there isn't a centre back I nor most would rather have than Kompany...everyone makes mistakes. Kompany alone is better than Barcelona's centre backs combined...he's world class end of.

• Advertisement

Toure losing it already. :)

Great play by Aguero.

Besides Thiago Silva there isn't a centre back I nor most would rather have than Kompany...everyone makes mistakes. Kompany alone is better than Barcelona's centre backs combined...he's world class end of.

You're entitled to your opinion but, as I said, not for me.

Not entirely sure how relevant that is, but yes I do think he has done a good job as a Barcelona centre back. Am I nominating him for best centre back in the world? No.

I just wouldn't be going by your opinion on who is or isn't a good centre back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭stiffler123

Lovely play by Aguero.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

If Kompany ends up in a Barca shirt, in some strange turn of events, he'll be the second coming of Baresi then in Anderson's eyes :D

Man City know they are a superior side right??

I don't want to drag this out cuz it's off thread but could you name three CB's other than Silva that you'd hold higher than Vinny?

That was lovely by Johnson, pity about the pull back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

C'mon. Kompany is far superior to Puyol, Pique or Mascherano.

Unreal play by City.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,526 ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Is it just me or do we never score from headers this year?

:eek:

Thought Borini was going to head that into his own net! Did well though.

Johner wrote: »
    :eek:

Thought Borini was going to head that into his own net! Did well though.

Any mistake and that going in, fair play to him

Johnson and Borini both having a great game. Both look like they can stretch City on the counter attack.

• Advertisement

Knex. wrote: »
    If Kompany ends up in a Barca shirt, in some strange turn of events, he'll be the second coming of Baresi then in Anderson's eyes :D

I've had this exact debate with my City fan brother, for me, Kompany wouldn't fit at Barcelona. He isn't excellent on the ball, I feel he can be got at with pace when playing a high line and exposed in a one vs one, which at Barcelona the centre backs will have to do more than at other top clubs, he isn't particularly impressive.

To answer the other question, off the top of my head, Ramos, Pique, Godin, Hummels, Dante, Chiellini and in the Premier League probably Terry and maybe Koscielny, or Mertesacker. There's also a few who, in time, could get a mention here too. Apologies if I missed any.

What a tackle by Kompany.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭me89

What a tackle

Fantastic tackle by Kompany, Demichelis slow as Christmas. Looked well off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Great tackle by Kompany

Great recovery tackle by Kompany, should have been flagged offside anyway. Demichelis is woeful - always looks likes hes running in treacle.

To answer the other question, off the top of my head, Ramos, Pique, Godin, Hummels, Dante, Chiellini and in the Premier League probably Terry and maybe Koscielny, or Mertesacker. There's also a few who, in time, could get a mention here too. Apologies if I missed any.

All of those better than Kompany? I've heard it all know.

I've had this exact debate with my City fan brother, for me, Kompany wouldn't fit at Barcelona. He isn't excellent on the ball, I feel he can be got at with pace when playing a high line and exposed in a one vs one, which at Barcelona the centre backs will have to do more than at other top clubs, he isn't particularly impressive.

Kompany was and still is a very competent CDM when needed and is incredible on the ball considering his size and stature...

And lol @ Pique, Godin, Koscielny....and Terry and Mertesacker? Really, really? Ramos, Dante and Chiellini are the only ones there who come close to Vinny and I'd only have Dante around Vinny's level currently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

Pique lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Adam Johnson will you track back properly for **** sake.

I don't want to harp on but I have made it pretty clear from my opening post that while I think he is a good defender, with some impressive attributes, I absolutely don't rate him as highly as others seem to do. I'm not so mad, biased Man City hater by the way, all you need do is get me talking about Yaya Toure, Silva or Aguero to know that.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

He's one of the best in the world.

Is O'Shea going to be allowed do that all day?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Meanwhile at Wembley.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

Is O'Shea going to be allowed do that all day?

I've seen worse lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

Sunderland really are playing with absolute dogged passion. Great to see.

If Mascherano, who is a midfielder, can cope as a centre back at Barca, I'm pretty sure Kompany could.

The bloke is a superb centre back and also a brilliant representation of the club he plays for.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,594 ✭✭✭kingshankly

City are a poor side could easily see them win nothing this year wasn't too long ago people talking about the quadruple

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Really hope Sunderland can hold on. Don't mind either team but I do like to see the underdog win, it's great to see and a big incentive for lower teams to compete in the cups.

Plus, Man City won't have any shortage of Cup/League wins in the future.

Liamalone wrote: »
    I've seen worse lol

?

Aguero not having a great game yet

• Advertisement
Advertisement