Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

National Sports Campus / Dublin Centre of Excellence

• 01-03-2014 12:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭

http://www.gaa.ie/gaa-news-and-videos/daily-news/1/2702141754-sod-turned-at-gaas-national-sports-campus-facility-/

Just saying ...

I HATE asking the kids in my group for money. We don't have facilities in our club for winter training, the only alternative is to go to Carriganore and pay through the nose for astro turf and lights.

I've never even researched it fully but with the small numbers in my group we'd probably be looking at about a tenner per child per session - I wouldn't even go there with the children or the parents!!

So at the coal face - we've had nowhere to train the children for the past 3 months because of lack of resources within an organisation that is flush with money.

Meanwhile the GAA spend 10 million on building a facility that in all likelihood will be used extensively by the elites from the wealthiest county in the organisation.

Have we forgotten the "grass" in "grassroots" ? Or am I just a big moan who should have gotten involved with a better organised club?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Really surprised the GAA are setting this up so close to "Foreign Sports" :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,870 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution

It's OK and all justified because apparently we in Meath will make use of it too. This is despite the fact we have a training centre in a very central location outside Trim as it is, and a few club grounds as backup pitches.

Why would any Meath team go to train in this Dublin facility? Someone in Athboy or Oldcastle would be travelling at least an hour to get there. Kells and Navan people can use the motorway alright but will pay 2 tolls for the pleasure....

Nevertheless, since it's near Meath they'll say we benefit greatly from it when really we get SFA use. Presumably its the same for Kildare.

Advertisement