Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Microphone Problem

Options
  • 01-03-2014 12:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭

I have a Turtle Beach Earforce z6a head set. I've had it for about a year. For the most part it has done its job perfectly but 2 days ago the mic vanished from windows. I was adding a hard drive to my computer so had to unplug everything to move it. Since then it hasn't worked properly.

It came back for a brief period, then vanished again. I can hear feedback (breathing) from the mic into the headphones so it is still working, but does not show up in the recording devices, steam, team-speak at all.

Any help would be great as I've been trying to fix whatever is broken for the last 2 days.

All drivers reinstalled, unplugged all devices, tried mic in sound-card port and rear and front ports on the case. Isn't picked up in any of them. The earphones still work perfectly but mic doesn't show up at all.

Specs:
    Windows 7 64-bit
    MB: ASRock Z77 Extreme4
    Proc: Intel Core i5-2500K
    GX: Raedon 7870 2GB GDDR5
    Soundcard: Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS (old but gold).

Any help would be appreciated. Wrecking my brain as to why it isn't being detected.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Anybody? This is driving me nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,456 ✭✭✭FSL

Have you tried it on a different machine to eliminate any problems with the headset itself?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭Taylor365

Fixed it last night.

Turned out that a BIOS update reset 'Onboard sound' to AUTO. This meant that when my PC picked up my sound card, it would disable onboard sound.

Went into the Bios and set it to 'Enable'. All my realtek devices came back in the device manager.

I trawled the web and out of I'd say 50-60 threads i went through, only 1 had this little snippet of info.

Advertisement