Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving and packing query

Options
  • 01-03-2014 1:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭

Not sure if this is the right place but looking for any info / tips on packing up a home and moving.
    Been in our own home 6+ years so have plenty to move but no idea where to begin.
    Where's best to buy boxes (don't know anyone who could supply FOC), bubble wrap etc

ETA. The stuff will be in storage for a few weeks so really needs to be boxes rather than pillow cases or bags

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Up to ikea and get the large plastic boxes with lids

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Borderfox wrote: »
    Up to ikea and get the large plastic boxes with lids

They're damn pricey though.

Pop into any supermarket and load up on cardboard boxes- if you're going to be unpacking promptly- its not worth spending a small fortune on the Ikea boxes.

Note- you have to buy the lids for the Ikea boxes separately.

Another good source of sturdy boxes- any company who have recently bought computers- those corrugated cardboard boxes would survive armaggedon.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,663 ✭✭✭MouseTail

Argos or vikingdirect.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,257 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

The big blue bags are 70c and hold a good lot, I used a good few in my last move and the next one coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭mistress_gi

If you are anywhere near st james hospital they have a massive pile of boxes for recycling pop in there find out where it is and carry away!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭lollsangel

Get carboard boxes and yesterdays newspapers from the shops. Also I used piloow cases to carry clothes that wouldnt fit into suitcases. Fold them and they are a comfortable size to carry plus your clothes wont sweat like in black sacks. I would pack up what I dont need and just have the bare essentials out for the few days of packing, also mark each box with the room its to go to.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭Shadylou

I got loads of cardboards boxes from a sports shop....just pop in and ask them when their delivery comes in and ask them to keep the boxes for you when they're done. So long as you come in and collect them that day you're grand

Advertisement