Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New York trip - hotel in Long Island City

Options
  • 01-03-2014 2:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm currently planning a trip to New York around November and was looking at Long Island City as a base because it seems a good bit cheaper accommodation wise. Does anyone have any experience with this area? Or would I be better off splashing out extra for Midtown Manhatten?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Personally I like to be in the centre of things, so I can walk out the hotel door be there. It means you can use it as a base, have an afternoon nap, change shoes after walking all morning, etc etc.

It makes being out and about all day in a city that much easier.

But...having said that... if the price is that much different...it could be tempting.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Stayed at the Country Inn Suites in LIC, Queen's last November, 4 nights for 575 Euro, family room for 2 adults and 2 kids. Nothing too fancy, perfect for our needs, free breakfast included. 15 minutes on the train from Times Square (choice of 3 different lines within 10 minutes walk max) and the local neighborhood was worth checking out too. Took the cable car over to Manhattan from Roosevelt Island one day, great views.

Advertisement