Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to craughwell.....blackberry way or riverville

Options
  • 01-03-2014 9:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Looking at moving to craughwell...blackberry way or riverville...have these areas been flooded in the past (I.e the big 2009 floods) ...also, are schools alright in the area?. ?..2 small kids. If the village floods are there alternate routes into galway for work..?
    Is riverville much further out or just a few minutes?.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19 ThePetals

Hiya,
    Blackberry way is very central and within walking distance of everything - no problem with flooding as far as I can recall.
    I'm not familiar with Riverville so can't advise on flooding for that area.

In regards to schools they are 2 primary schools that service the Craughwell area - both have good reputations so I would have no problem recommending either. There is also a Gaelscoil in Athenry just in case you are interested in that.

P

• Registered Users Posts: 1 sawbones

Hi, not sure if we are talking about the same place, but the riverville that I know is about 4 miles from craughwell village. The floods of 2009/2010 didn't affect the area too much. Craughwell village became impassable for a few days cos the river burst it's banks, but the motorway opened early to take traffic around. The area to avoid due to flooding is further south, going east to west, from kilchreast to got. I hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 GalwayGirl3204

sawbones wrote: »
    Hi, not sure if we are talking about the same place, but the riverville that I know is about 4 miles from craughwell village. The floods of 2009/2010 didn't affect the area too much. Craughwell village became impassable for a few days cos the river burst it's banks, but the motorway opened early to take traffic around. The area to avoid due to flooding is further south, going east to west, from kilchreast to got. I hope this helps.

Thanks so much for the info...It's great getting feedback as im not too familiar with the area and was worried about the flooding. I appreciate it...pity the Galway estate agents aren't as helpful!!! Cheers :))

Advertisement