Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

eFibre in Skerries

Options
  • 01-03-2014 10:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 17

Hi, I live in Hoar Rock, Skerries. 

I've just checked my landline number on your website and it seems I can't avail of efibre yet. Do Eircom plan to make efibre available to all areas of Skerries? To my location specifically? When? I consider my location central, more so than the areas I know already have efibre, so I'm confused. I'm looking to change providers soon, I'd prefer to switch to an efibre package.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

ZuZuPuff wrote: »

I've just checked my landline number on your website and it seems I can't avail of efibre yet. Do Eircom plan to make efibre available to all areas of Skerries? To my location specifically? When? I consider my location central, more so than the areas I know already have efibre, so I'm confused. I'm looking to change providers soon, I'd prefer to switch to an efibre package.

Thanks in advance.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi ZuZuPuff

efibre has launched in Skerries [/font]
    however not all areas in Skerries will be able to avail of an upgrade as works to cabinets will be ongoing over the next year.
    [font=Times New Roman","serif] [/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]There are plans for other areas in Skerries however I'm sorry to confirm that at present there is no plans made or forecasted for Hoar Rock at this moment in time. Hopefully more plans will be available with us to share towards the end of the year if you would like to check back with me then.[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Thanks[/font]
    [font=Times New Roman","serif]Al[/font]

• Registered Users Posts: 17 ZuZuPuff

Thanks Al, that's very helpful, I hope we can avail of efibre next year :)

Thanks Al, that's very helpful, I hope we can avail of efibre next year :)
    No worris ZuZuPuff

Sorry I could not offer better news on this

Al

• Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭yknaa

Thanks in advance.

Hi ZuZuPuff

efibre has launched in Skerries
    however not all areas in Skerries will be able to avail of an upgrade as works to cabinets will be ongoing over the next year.

There are plans for other areas in Skerries however I'm sorry to confirm that at present there is no plans made or forecasted for Hoar Rock at this moment in time. Hopefully more plans will be available with us to share towards the end of the year if you would like to check back with me then.

Thanks

Al
    Is there a list of the other areas in Skerries where there are plans to offer efibre during 2014? Many thanks, Shane

yknaa wrote: »

Thanks in advance.

Hi ZuZuPuff

efibre has launched in Skerries

There are plans for other areas in Skerries however I'm sorry to confirm that at present there is no plans made or forecasted for Hoar Rock at this moment in time. Hopefully more plans will be available with us to share towards the end of the year if you would like to check back with me then.

Thanks

Al
    Is there a list of the other areas in Skerries where there are plans to offer efibre during 2014? Many thanks, Shane
    Hi yknaa

I will be unable to offer a list of these areas - this kind of information is not available to me but if you would like me to investigate a particular area feel free to PM me the address.

Al

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

From the Broadband forum it would appear eircom wholesale have started to do direct fed lines, one of the first in the country. The whole centre of the village should be covered once that's done. Most of the rest has fibre caps in place so practically nobody will miss out

Thanks for your PM yKnaa,

I'm sorry to confirm that your specific area will not be upgraded this year however efibre operations have informed me that it should be upgraded in early 2015. If you would like to get back in touch with me towards the end of the year I'll hopefully have mo0re news for you then.

Thanks

Al

Advertisement