Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

[Event] Tinahely Duathlon Sun 4th May 2014

Options
  • 01-03-2014 10:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭

Entries are now open on Triathlon Ireland for the Tinahely Duathlon 2014 (South Wicklow). €25 individual entry (€40 for 2-person relay team). The race and its course has been well received the past few years, attracting very strong fields. Places are limited to 130. This is a 100% club event, organised by Tinahely Tri Club.

Course is a 5km run, 20km bike, 3km run, broken down as follows:
    5km run First half along backroads before entering a forest trail, and running along the riverbank to transition.
    20km bike Head into Tinahely village and begin a steep climb up and out to surrounding countryside. This will bring you along rolling hills and down to Shillelagh village, back up a few hills along Coolattin estate, before leveling off back to transition.
    3km run Out and back along another fast forest trail (road runners are suitable both trail sections).

2013 Thread

2012 Thread

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 822 ✭✭✭king size mars bar

I'm in for this one, now just to keep training

A week to go and the forecast for the May bank holiday is to be fine so happy days!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,361 ✭✭✭Kurt Godel

A week to go and the forecast for the May bank holiday is to be fine so happy days!

I'm just back in from a recce of this run/bike/run. The forest run in particular is looking good, and the bike route is a nice test with rolling hills. Road surface a little rough in places, but no major potholes or anything.
    They are well over half full with the bulk of the entries coming over the last week. Numbers are capped at 130 so anyone on the fence should get in soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭joey100

Just signed up for this, will be down that part of the country anyway so may as well get a race in. Any tips for the course or anything to watch out for Kurt??

joey100 wrote: »
    Just signed up for this, will be down that part of the country anyway so may as well get a race in. Any tips for the course or anything to watch out for Kurt??

Nothing specific- although two of us today had speed wobbles descending at about 60kph after 5k; might be crosswind, might be grainy surface. It's a good bike course, but be prepared for one or two drags to climb.

• Advertisement

Good luck to everyone doing this tomorrow.

Registration opens 7:45 to 9:30, Race starts at 10:00. They've held a few entries available for the morning (TI members only).

Brilliant race today, there was a good atmosphere for the whole event. Overcast and drizzly conditions, roads a little slick but thankfully no crashes; perfect temperature for the run. The men's race was won by Gary Crossan (1:03:39), ladies race won by Maire Claffey (1:14:37). Results here.

Yea a lot of the people I talked to loved the feel to this event. Bike course got the better of me this year all my other times were quicker compared to other years but the bike was slower. Still enjoyed it.

Advertisement