Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aldi/Lidl Toilet Roll?

Options
  • 01-03-2014 12:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭

Heard a lot of mixed opinions on toilet roll from Aldi/Lidl. Some say excellent quality and excellent price - others the opposite.

Anyone got any opinions on either and prices if you know them.

Looking for 9 rolls or more packs please.

I got two names...Forlays and Saxon I think but don't know which is from where.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

Lidl have 2 x 9 rolls for €4 on 08/03 only. Normally €3.29 each

• Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭shannon82

Prefer lidls paper, didn't like aldi's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,128 ✭✭✭Engine No.9

Havent used the lidl rolls in ages but use the Aldi Saxon ones all tge time. Much larger sjeets and alot more comfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭PeterDuggan

Was there some suggestion of Lidl's blocking up the drains?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭another question

pajopearl wrote: »
    Havent used the lidl rolls in ages but use the Aldi Saxon ones all tge time. Much larger sjeets and alot more comfortable.

Tried the Saxon 9 pack in Aldi. Very impressed, €2.69 I think, nice and soft, good size rolls and definitely large sheets.

Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 793 ✭✭✭ImARebel

I got the lidl 4 ply stuff, the one with the pink design on it. I don't like it at all too thick and too hard and not to mention my poor husband's face when he came out of the toilet. He didn't realise there was pink dye in it. He thought he was bleeding... A person could do without a shock like that first thing in the morning.

I got the 40 rolls of toilet tissue for 19eur on grabone. Maybe a bit lighter than normal but still great value for the money.

I would usually buy cushelle when it's on offer and stock up I find it the best of what's out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭gelsthe

Aldi Saxon work fine for this house - 9 rolls 3.29 I think - last longer than the Tesco equivalent I find anyway...

Advertisement