Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Multimedia Programming and Design.

Options
  • 01-03-2014 1:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm looking to start the course next year. Unfortunately I haven't been able to find much information about it. Can anyone who's currently doing the course or have done it share some thoughts? What kind of maths is involved in the course? What software do ye use for the different modules? For anyone who has graduated, what kind of jobs have you seen? Any other info would be greatly appreciated as well.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 43 niallweb1

Hi Shox

I have recently graduated from this course, finished this year. We firstly started off using photoshop,illustrator and dreamweaver of the Adobe Suite. We then used NetBeans for programming. In 2nd year we did digital video and sound which we used premiere pro for, we also shot our own short movies and entered the drinkaware competition. You also get introduced to 3D Graphics which is also interesting. We used 3DS Max for this module. In 3rd year you get paired off into groups and have to do a group project. Then you get to go out into the workplace for a 6month workplace at the end of third year. Then 4th year which mostly consists of project management, programming and THE FYP, which is always fun :)

regarding the maths side of the course, I think there is a maths module in first year but am not sure as it came in after we passed the year. For me the only maths related module I struggled with was Networking in 3rd year which was all about hexidecimal and binary numbers. other than that there wasn't much maths involved. There are a lot of jobs in this area, mostly in Dublin and Galway though.

PM me for anymore questions or search multimedia at LIT on facebook.

Advertisement