Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Suarez, Aguero or RVP

• 01-03-2014 2:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭

Which one do you think is better ?
    Who do you prefer watching play ?

Don't judge this by the top scorer or top assists.
    I am talking about overall.

Who is better Suarez, RVP or Aguero 304 votes

Suarez
    0% 0 votes
    Aguero
    78% 240 votes
    Van Persie
    21% 64 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,987 ✭✭✭Kerrigooney

This isn't going to go well...

Suarez tho innit?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Take Your Pants Off

If anyone has another play you would like me to add in this poll tell me please.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,122 ✭✭✭happyoutscan

Suarez for me but then again I'm biased. Aguero is a class act too, especially for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQ7k2Otl_vk

FFS, I knew I should not have added Heskey.
    Now people would just take the fun out of it.
    Come on people vote fairly and don't just go for heskey unless you 'ACTUALLY THINK HE IS BETTER'

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,567 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Suarez better player, love watching Aguero though. My favourite player in the Premiership

• Site Banned Posts: 4,925 ✭✭✭Agueroooo

I absolutely love Aguero now for years (hence the username) but I voted for Suarez.

The guy is ripping up the premiere league this season and is topping and smashing most stats.

What he gives the team is so much more than just goals.

and if it's a pissy cup game against a 2nd division side, or a battle against a premier league big boy then the level of commitment is the same.

The guy is made of Win.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Suarez but I'd happily have Aguero in the team (though his knocks history is a bit worrying)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭Alfred Borden

Suarez the better player this year no doubt but think I would rather have Aguero, lad just loves the big games and always proves his worth in them.

Lads stop voting for Heskey, It was my fault I admit it for putting him on, Don't know what came over me.
    Ok from now on Heskey is Van Persie, if your voting for Heskey your basically going for Van Persie

• Advertisement

Lads stop voting for Heskey, It was my fault I admit it for putting him on, Don't know what came over me.
    Ok from now on Heskey is Van Persie, if your voting for Heskey your basically going for Van Persie

No we're not...we're voting for Heskey :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

This is good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,280 ✭✭✭Glico Man

Heskey is best...key :/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,424 ✭✭✭✭The_Kew_Tour

Can't believe more people have voted for Suarez over Heskey.

Unbelievable Jeff!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,222 ✭✭✭✭Will I Amnt

I'd take Suarez at this moment in time but if Aguero had the same injury free season I'm sure it would be him. Fantastic player and a big game player at that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Only thing stopping Aguero is his injuries. I think he's the better two of the players. They are by far the two best players in the PL though.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,409 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I voted for Heskey and I'd do it again.

Seriously though, it's pretty hard to call. I think I'd have to go for Suarez, just about though. Would be easier to make an informed decision if Aguero hadn't been injured for two relatively long periods so far this season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,797 ✭✭✭Shane St.

Aguero does it in the big games unlike Suarez. Aguero for me incredible player

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,567 ✭✭✭✭CSF

SantryRed wrote: »
    Only thing stopping Aguero is his injuries. I think he's the better two of the players. They are by far the two best players in the PL though.

Yaya and Kompany would take exception to that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

They are both insane talents but Suarez's productivity when he's been on the field this season has been a notch above.

• Advertisement

Shane St. wrote: »

Maybe Aguero being in a better team influences his chances of producing in games v top sides, rather than it being down to his ability actually being greater?

And I wouldn't say Suarez doesn't do it in big games, that's a fallacy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,736 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

Suarez shows same commitment in every game,Aguero scores spectacular goals but on his day no striker could hold a candle to Heskey!....non PC comment......the man had the touch of a rapist.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,315 ✭✭✭Soft Falling Rain

Suarez can't do it against the big teams? Just an inane stick to beat him with tbh. If it was the other way round you'd have the same lot saying "ah sure he turns up when he wants to but can he do it in a cold night at Stoke!!11!1!!1"

Consistently, the man has been a monster over the last 2 years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,406 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Always enjoy the old 'Suarez doesn't do it in big games' chestnut.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »

Away to the best team in the league imo (City), he was the best player on the field. He was at the heart of creating several clear cut openings.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,224 ✭✭✭✭Marty McFly

I remember people used to say the same thing about C Ronaldo at one stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,066 ✭✭✭Washington Irving

I voted Heskey to show my disdain for such a thread but I would have went Suarez otherwise.

Just far more unpredictable (in more ways than one) than Aguero and can do things Kun can only dream of. Suarez' scoring and assists rates only show part of what he contributes to the team. Both fantastic players obviously.

Should mention I'm a Liverpool fan and may be biased unawares to myself, which is why these threads/polls just don't work imo, people's club allegiances cloud their judgement.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I think i started all this by saying Suarez is better than Ibra in the other thread...soz.

....aaaannnnnndddd we're off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

Heskey is a beast

Has it all IMO

heskey-o.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭Hangballlouie

Suarez shows same commitment in every game,Aguero scores spectacular goals but on his day no striker could hold a candle to Heskey!....non PC comment......the man had the touch of a rapist.

I've never really understood this expression. It implies that a rapist is not great at touching but if that's the case that surely the expression would be, 'the man had a touch of an attempted rapist.'

Or maybe I just don't understand it.

(note, my comment is in no way aimed at trivialising rape.)

I remember people used to say the same thing about C Ronaldo at one stage.

I know, idiots every last one. :o

The best thing about Heskey is that one of his middle names is Ivanhoe. Yep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31,152 ✭✭✭✭KERSPLAT!

Heskey for me.

Both are incredible players.

Suarez this season has really upped his game and I think he'e ahead of Aguero imo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,983 ✭✭✭✭NukaCola

The best thing about Heskey is that one of his middle names is Ivanhoe. Yep.

Emile Ivanhoe scoregoals Heskey

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

It's pretty close to be honest, not as clear cut as some are making out. While im not gonna use the 'he doesnt do it in big games', I dont think Suarez's record against top teams can't be dismissed either. Aguero's overall contribution to the team is being a bit downplayed as well.

If it comes down to what player I'd prefer to have in my team, I'd just, just about choose Aguero.

This season - Suarez. I do think Aguero is a better player though, his increasing time on the treatment table is worrying though, even watching him play you just think something is going to go on him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Wrong.

Suarez, for me, is the best player in the PL at the moment. He's the best player I've ever seen play for Liverpool. Not just for his goals, but his all round game. His appetite for football week in week out is amazing and so rare to see in top flight football these days. I know its a cliche but he genuinely looks like a kid playing in the park every week. Even if he's having a bad game he's still better than 90% of the players on the pitch. He also hasn't scored in the last few games so what does he do? Goes and tops the assists charts as well. I feel bad for him that he's not playing in Europe at the moment, because I've no doubt he'd destroy it on the big stage as well and I guarantee he'll do the same to England.

I do like Aguero though. Fantastic player and an athlete, but not better than Suarez, imo of course. I'd give my left one to see the 2 play together.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,747 ✭✭✭✭AdamD

I've never really understood this expression. It implies that a rapist is not great at touching but if that's the case that surely the expression would be, 'the man had a touch of an attempted rapist.'

I imagine its implying that rapists have heavy touches..

• Advertisement

For the lads saying Suarez doesn't do it in the big games? Can ye back that up or is it just an "opinion"?

This season - Suarez. I do think Aguero is a better player though, his increasing time on the treatment table is worrying though, even watching him play you just think something is going to go on him.

Out of interest, what are the aspects that lead you to think Aguero is a better player?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,966 ✭✭✭Liamalone

lol I think it refers to the thought that a rapist's would be far from nice and gentle, a bit rough. Apply that to a footballer controlling a ball and there you go.

As for the choice between the two players, Aguero for me. Both are super players in there own way but I love watching Aguero's strength on the ball for a little guy, you rarely see him get outmuscled.
    On the other hand Suarez has the unpredictability along with undeniable skill and brain, but he dives and was found guilty of racism, not a great person to have on your team who he can be liable for the odd lengthy suspension. He eats people too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,775 ✭✭✭✭Gbear

Blatter wrote: »
    Out of interest, what are the aspects that lead you to think Aguero is a better player?

He has more pace.
    He's a bit more of a consistent finisher.

But I don't think Suarez is just better. I think he's better by a distance.
    He's shown that he's just as good at scoring and assisting as nearly anyone around this season but he has more of an ability to pull something out of his arse than nearly anyone else in the world.

Ha good question that has me stumped, I tried to think of Aguero strengths only to realize that Suarez does that too, then trying to decipher who edges it in a given category, its very fine margins. I probably plump for Aguero as I think he is a more likable character (and I am a City fan (since 2000))

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 805 ✭✭✭xerces

He's just so classy Martin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,999 ✭✭✭Backstreet Moyes

Gbear wrote: »
    He has more pace.
    He's a bit more of a consistent finisher.

But I don't think Suarez is just better. I think he's better by a distance.
    He's shown that he's just as good at scoring and assisting as nearly anyone around this season but he has more of an ability to pull something out of his arse than nearly anyone else in the world.

The bolded part just is a load of nonsense. Their are only two players in the world a distance better than Aguero and Suarez is a long way of them.

Suarez this season against the top teams:

Arsenal away - Nothing of note.

Everton away - 1 goal, 1 assist.

City away - Fantastic game from him. Got an assist for Coutinho's goal, should have had 3 more assists only for shocking finishing from Sterling x2 and Coutinho in 1v1 situations.

Chelsea away - Assist and should of had a penalty.

Spurs away - 2 goals, 3 assists.

Everton home - 1 goal, 1 assist.

Arsenal home - 1 Assist.

I can go back the last 2 season's if ye're still not happy?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,771 ✭✭✭michael999999

Nuts102 wrote: »
    The bolded part just is a load of nonsense. Their are only two players in the world a distance better than Aguero and Suarez is a long way of them.

Yep. Most appropriate username on Boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Soups123

It's hard to argue for or against either both are exceptional .

I went Aguero because I think he is a more naturally gift player, looks much more comfortable on the ball and is a better finisher, he is also excellent in the big games.

But I think it's a flip of the coin discussion

• Advertisement
Advertisement