Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UFH & PV Cells

Options
  • 01-03-2014 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭

I don't plan on installing PV cells now on my new build but could well do some time in the near future. I'm installing UFH and air to water HP.

To leave my options open and compatible with the possible use of the PV cells to power my HP, what sort of screed would be suitable. I'm guessing it should be relatively shallow so that the PV cells will power the HP during daylight hours and would therefore need a relatively quick response time.

So would this suit a 2 inch liquid screed or maybe a 3 inch sand/cement setup? I also hope to keep the UFH pipes relatively close so the temp required in the pipes would be lower than normal and therefore reduce the demand on the HP.
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 paidioc

Hi Barney. Just wondering what you went with in the end? I'm in a similar position myself at the moment and looking for advice. Also, how are you finding your A2W HP?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,504 ✭✭✭BarneyMc

Had a big hold up Paidoc so nothing has happened in a long time... time to plot!

Advertisement