Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CHVRCHES - Olympia March 5th 2014

Options
  • 01-03-2014 5:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭

Surprised there is not thread on this. Really looking forward to Wednesday.
    Anyone see them before?

Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,548 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Going to London to see them paddy's weekend, by the time I realised they were playing in Dublin, all the standing tickets were gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 341 ✭✭Oleg Luzhny

I'm going on Wednesday too. And yeah, I saw them at T in the Park last summer; they were really good!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭JJ

I'll be headed to this gig also. I bought a ticket when they were supposed to play at the Academy.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

eh.... thanks be to jesus they're not playing the academy!

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

Same as had the ticket for the academy. Saw them when they warmed up for passion pit at a heineken event and at ep. Should be a good gig I reckon. anyone know who the warm up is?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭LostArt

They're also playing in Pygmalion afterwards

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭lc180

Same as had the ticket for the academy. Saw them when they warmed up for passion pit at a heineken event and at ep. Should be a good gig I reckon. anyone know who the warm up is?

SOAK is the support act.

• Registered Users Posts: 921 ✭✭✭Shaque attack

Cheers, a very chilled warm up!

Cheers, a very chilled warm up!

She is signed to their record label so that explains the somewhat strange choice.

Chvrches did a electro remix of her song 'Blud'. Decent enough but can't imagine her including it in her usually acoutic set.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭seiphil

Just found out today that I am going to this.

Can't wait!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,462 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Still trying to get standing tickets, if I can't I might just bite the bullet and buy seating tickets :(
    LostArt wrote: »
    They're also playing in Pygmalion afterwards

Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

In a dilemma, forgot I had tickets to this, so bought Damien Jurado tickets too. Just wondering how early Chvrches will finish and if I'll be able to catch any of the former up in Whelans. Their set-list seems (understandably) short but suppose will all depend on when they start.

In a dilemma, forgot I had tickets to this, so bought Damien Jurado tickets too. Just wondering how early Chvrches will finish and if I'll be able to catch any of the former up in Whelans. Their set-list seems (understandably) short but suppose will all depend on when they start.

The Olympia site states:

"Approximate times as follows: doors open 7pm, support act Soak due on stage around 8pm, with Chvrches coming on about 9pm. We would expect the show to be over around 10.30pm - 10.45pm. Please note, times are approximate and subject to change as always."

http://www.olympia.ie/whats-on/chvrches

• Registered Users Posts: 5 leroyjenkinss

If anyone one is selling 2 tickets, please PM me

Cheers

I really enjoyed the gig, thought they were good and the light show was great. Very VERY short set but in fairness they only have one album.

Will def check them out at a festival this summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭roll

v good but they could use a drummer...

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭Tree Scape

Enjoyed it-not bad for a Wed night.
    Got a bit samey as there's a bit of filler in that album.
    V short set as well.
    No dancing allowed upstairs!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

Really enjoyed it and the short set allowed me to catch the end of the Damien Jurado gig too!

Tree Scape wrote: »
    No dancing allowed upstairs!!!

FFS really?!? I was in the upper circle for a gig before and the seat nazis were making everyone sit but that was a soft-rock band and not an electro act. Absolute bollox sitting at the likes of Chvrches!

lc180 wrote: »
    FFS really?!? I was in the upper circle for a gig before and the seat nazis were making everyone sit but that was a soft-rock band and not an electro act. Absolute bollox sitting at the likes of Chvrches!

That's a bit BS. I was in the Upper Circle for Flo and the Machine and everyone was standing throughout her set. At least you got a shout out from Lauren last night. She identified with the upper circle people as that's where she's ended up at most gigs, though nowadays I'm sure that's not the case.

Anyhoo, after seeing a few videos of them performing live last year, I think they've definitely improved last night. They definitely exceeded my expectations. The light show was pretty good too and you can't expect them to perform much more than an hour as they don't have enough material.

• Advertisement
Advertisement