Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I reuse an "eircom modem"?

Options
  • 01-03-2014 5:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭

Years ago, I signed up (briefly) with eircom broadband. They sent out a big black box, but I cancelled my account and they never came back for the box. It looks like a wireless router, but according to the brief instructions, it's an "eircom modem". Anyone know if it's just a branded router, and I should be able to use it as a normal router with any broadband provider?

If it'll serve as a replacement for a day when my router dies, I'll keep it, otherwise it's just taking up space.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭pizzahead77

Assuming that its a DSL router/modem then yes your should be able to reuse it with any other DSL broadband provider once you have the correct settings for that provider.

It won't work with cable broadband such as UPC

Advertisement