Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fire Engines on Bray seafront?

• 01-03-2014 5:44pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know what is going on on the seafront right now? There are three fire-engines, plus multiple police vehicles and an ambulance in a fenced off area just outside the Shannagh Bay nursing home.

Looks like something pretty big is happening, I hope no-one is badly hurt :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

According to the FB page of Bray - Did You Know there was a fire at the rear of Shannagh Nursing Home. No injuries reported.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

Ah that's brilliant news, (the no injuries I mean) thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭chris_john_lane

My dad lived in that nursing home and was in the fire. He was badly burned and died today. R.I.P dad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

My dad lived in that nursing home and was in the fire. He was badly burned and died today. R.I.P dad

Oh that's terrible. RIP.

(Terrible, they are still reporting no injuries in the papers http://www.wicklownews.net/2014/03/bray-nursing-home-evacuated-following-fire/)

Rip Oliver Cronin

• Advertisement

A statement is due to be released by nursing home

My dad sadly died as result of fire , rest in peace dad xx

Source is Wicklownews.net

• Registered Users Posts: 5,059 ✭✭✭Pacing Mule

My dad sadly died as result of fire , rest in peace dad xx

Source is Wicklownews.net

I'm very very sorry for your loss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭B0jangles

That's terrible to hear, please accept my sympathies to you and your family.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,427 ✭✭✭Dr Strange

Oh no, I am really sorry to hear that. :( My condolences to you and your family.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Very sorry to hear that. Thoughts are with you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Very sorry to hear that. Thoughts are with you.

A statement is due to be released by nursing home

No statement released by the nursing home yet acknowledging my father's death

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 10,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭xzanti

I'm terribly sorry for your loss chris_john_lane

May he rest in peace

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sweetie20

Hi john,
    I'm very sorry to hear about your father here at this disgraceful nursing home. I visited this nursing home last July and found it very disturbing, so bad that I complained to HIQA at the time, there the body that are supposed to inspect all nursing homes to make sure they are up to scratch, pls read my review on http://dublin.ratemyarea.com/places/shannagh-bay-nursing--19378 it's rate my area, at the time it was the only place I could write a review about this place. I don't have a personnel vendetta against this particular nursing home, I just felt so bad for the people who lived here and thought it was far from up to scratch after visiting quite a few places. You can see the response I got from them which I found very very rude and making out like I was lying. I hope there is a positive outcome to your issue. Emma

I have read the latest HIQA report on this nursing home. It highlighted some problems in regards to fire safety. I have alot of regrets now thinking back to times I visited this home.
    sweetie20 wrote: »
    Hi john,
    I'm very sorry to hear about your father here at this disgraceful nursing home. I visited this nursing home last July and found it very disturbing, so bad that I complained to HIQA at the time, there the body that are supposed to inspect all nursing homes to make sure they are up to scratch, pls read my review on http://dublin.ratemyarea.com/places/shannagh-bay-nursing--19378 it's rate my area, at the time it was the only place I could write a review about this place. I don't have a personnel vendetta against this particular nursing home, I just felt so bad for the people who lived here and thought it was far from up to scratch after visiting quite a few places. You can see the response I got from them which I found very very rude and making out like I was lying. I hope there is a positive outcome to your issue. Emma

• Registered Users Posts: 5 sweetie20

I can only imagine what your going through, putting your trust in people like this and for this to happen. Nursing homes should be named and shamed!!

Google nursing home fire in bray, I tried to copy the link but won't let me.
    sweetie20 wrote: »
    I can only imagine what your going through, putting your trust in people like this and for this to happen. Nursing homes should be named and shamed!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,936 ✭✭✭LEIN

Hi chris_john_lane.

The Wicklow moderation team offer you our condolences at this difficult time.

However, in light of the fact that you are considering legal action as per this thread we would like to advise you against posting any further on this matter lest it prejudice any future action that you may take.

Take care,

Wicklow Mod Team

@Other posters - Cries of "Name & shame!" on an Internet forum do not help matters. There are established procedures for highlighting perceived deficiencies in such establishments. Please contact the HSE for further information.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement