Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gazumped by Bank and their Solicitor

Options
  • 01-03-2014 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

In January agreed to I buy the house from the Bank and paid the requested deposit to the agent.
    They sent the contracts to my solicitor in mid January.
    I signed the contract on 19th February, even when my solicitor was waiting for more documents from Banks solicitor.
    In the mean time me and my family bought/booked a lot furniture based on the measurements of the house.
    Got my sons admission to the school in Adamstown.
    Started all the packing for the move in March.
    But on 28th February my solicitor received a fax from Banks solicitors saying that they are selling the house to a higher bidder. In other words they want to put the property back in the market.
    This has put a lot of stress on my family and me.
    All I feel is that it is very unethical act from Bank and their Solicitor, especially after they knew I have signed the contracts.
    I hope to get some response from boards.ie members as to how this can be stopped from happening.
    Especially by the Institutions which has put the Economy and tax payers under stress...
    Secondly how the solicitor is allowed to do this.

Should such Practices of Gazumping be allowed after the contracts are issued? 0 votes

Yes
    0% 0 votes
    No
    0% 0 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,368 ✭✭✭The_Morrigan

gazumped wrote: »
    I hope to get some response from boards.ie members as to how this can be stopped from happening.

Go to a solicitor and seek proper legal advice if you wish to take on the banks and the legal profession - an internet forum is not the place to find this type of information.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement