Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SlimBoat Web Browser

Options
  • 01-03-2014 6:21pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭

http://www.slimboat.com/en

Runs on Windoze & Linux too, but I am using it with 10.9.2 on a Mac mini

Just installed SlimBoat V1.1.46 less than an hour ago. It 'feels' faster (I also use Firefox, OmniWeb & Safari) and I've imported bookmarks and so on. It comes with its own download manager it seems and some other possibly useful stuff.

I'll see how I get and keep you posted. I've no connection with the software or its developers / distributors.

Does anyone have any stories to share about it, horror or otherwise?

One annoying feature I've noticed already is that the text in buttons doesn't line up as I would like, centered both horizontally and vertically. I'll play with type faces and see what happens

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

V1.1.46 deleted using Julien Remseier's excellent & free AppCleaner. SlimBoat crashing for no evident reasons and with no explanation or even an attempt to send a crash report.

V1.1.47 out today if you'd like to try it. I probably won't bother :o

XP Pro running under VMWare Fusion
    Dual Monitors
    Mac mini late 2012 16GB RAM
    WiFi Internet connection (sloooowww)

Advertisement