Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Have you extended a 1 year IEC work permit? What did you do?

Options
  • 01-03-2014 6:26pm

Hi all,

Having almost given up hope on the 2 year one coming out in time for me (taking in to account processing times), my Visa expires in June, has anyone extended a one year IEC work permit before? Which process did you go through? I've got a full time job as a support analyst and they want to keep me on.

I'm thinking the bridging Visa plus a PNP application but I'm really not sure yet. I'll have to do it very soon. So has anyone that has done it got any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 237 ✭✭Scruffy19

Just after reading this on Facebook if its any help to you?

http://www.immigroup.com/news/when-will-2014-working-holiday-visas-ireland-be-available

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Your visa doesn't expire until June and you're worried? As long as they open by the end of March you should have plenty of time.

Scruffy19 wrote: »
    Just after reading this on Facebook if its any help to you?

http://www.immigroup.com/news/when-will-2014-working-holiday-visas-ireland-be-available

Really helpful info thanks!
    bopper wrote: »
    Your visa doesn't expire until June and you're worried? As long as they open by the end of March you should have plenty of time.

Well if it can take say, 12 weeks to process, that could mean mine would expire before I get the decision. That's counting on it coming out next week too.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I think 8 weeks is the longest it takes to process.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

Apparently now it can take 12-16 weeks since they changed some of the rules and regulations

• Advertisement

COYVB wrote: »
    Apparently now it can take 12-16 weeks since they changed some of the rules and regulations

What rules and regulations of the IEC have they changed since last year?

The stress increase of this... Where have you heard this? Is this based on the IEC Visa processing times of other countries?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,660 ✭✭✭COYVB

bopper wrote: »
    What rules and regulations of the IEC have they changed since last year?

They removed the accelerated LMO, and the application form is a lot different. Also they're a lot more through with their checks on everything than they used to be

They removed the accelerated LMO, and the application form is a lot different. Also they're a lot more through with their checks on everything than they used to be

How would changes to the LMO process affect someone applying for a basic WHV?

Advertisement