Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cratloe Wood Student Village

Options
  • 01-03-2014 6:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭

Has anyone got any insight on living in CratloeWood?
    Just info on the place, eg. How big are the apartments, are rooms single or shared, is it full or are there vacancies?

Tnx - any other info would be great! ::)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭Schwiiing

Avoid Cratloe. I stayed there for 2 years 06-08 and the place was a kip. Cold, damp, draughty and dirty apartments, incompetent office staff, useless security and worst of all rats.

In 07-08 the sitting room heater broke down in November. It was reported that day but never fixed. When I recieved my security deposit back it stated that some money was refunded but as no actual amount was stated I highly doubt this is true.

My neighbours were noisy and often held overnight parties. I complained about them numerous times to both security and the office but to no avail.

The only decent thing there was Vinny the bus driver. Don't know if he's still there though.

Going by some reports I heard go for Grove Island or Harriston if at all possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,967 ✭✭✭✭The Lost Sheep

Go Harriston if you can afford it. Better apartments. Bit more expensive though
    Cratloe is all-right. But that totally depends on your house mates.
    3 bedrooms in each apartment. 2 single rooms and a twin room that is en-suite.
    Hasn't been full in 4/5 years.
    Get the ensuite and hope the numbers are still low enough that you can get the twin room on your own as its so much easier for bit of privacy, storage, having your own bathroom

Advertisement