Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tasty takeaway Dublin 6

Options
  • 01-03-2014 7:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Anyone know a super nice takeaway with good deal in Dublin 6 area, anything but pizza or chipper food

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭penana

Perhaps you might find some ideas here: http://www.takeaway.ie/takeaways-dublin-6-dublin
    Hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,172 ✭✭✭cosmic

Saba to Go in Rathmines is pretty damn tasty!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Saba, Diep, Kanum all excellent I think.

Aussie BBQ is good too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

Saba is atrocious, a dull menu dulled downed further for the Irish palette. Its food is nothing like anything you'd buy from the cheapest street food vendor in Thailand or in any of the food-court places around the pacific.

In fact most takeaways in the location are poor, the exception being Bombay Pantry. HX46 is Harolds Cross is passable too, particularly the Nasi Goreng.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭tfak85

Michi Sushi is pretty awesome.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,769 ✭✭✭P.Walnuts

drumswan wrote: »
    Saba is atrocious, a dull menu dulled downed further for the Irish palette. Its food is nothing like anything you'd buy from the cheapest street food vendor in Thailand or in any of the food-court places around the pacific.

In fact most takeaways in the location are poor, the exception being Bombay Pantry. HX46 is Harolds Cross is passable too, particularly the Nasi Goreng.

Literally everyone I know thinks Saba is great, including (shock horror) people who have been to south east asia and tried there food there.

But I guess no food thread is complete without the obligatory food snob

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,592 ✭✭✭drumswan

tfak85 wrote: »
    Michi Sushi is pretty awesome.

It is, but its overpriced IMO. I occasionally pick some up from the one in Avoca in Rathcoole.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭nxbyveromdwjpg

In fact most takeaways in the location are poor, the exception being Bombay Pantry.

I couldn't agree less, Bombay Pantry is muck - it's just sauce and very little meat, and every dish tastes the same, just a different colour.

For Indian I'd go for Konkan (Dublin 8 but will deliver to 6) or for Thai - Diep or Saba.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,375 ✭✭✭Boulevardier

Camille Thai is OK.

I have a soft spot for Ho-ho (beside Tesco). It is not exactly gourmet but it is filling, cheap and reasonably tasty.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,128 Mod ✭✭✭✭adrian522

Since when is Thailand in Dublin 6? Or anywhere in the pacific for that matter?

I find Saba and Diep as good Thai food as will get anywhere in Dublin.

Plenty of poor quality street food in Thailand as well by the way!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,220 ✭✭✭cameramonkey

Have had take away from HX46 in Harolds Cross, it is very good.
    Madhuban India take away in Rathmines is also very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,415 ✭✭✭griffdaddy

Konkan and Poppadom at Home are the two best Indians anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭Galadriel

Konkan is definitely one of the best.

Advertisement