Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ukraine.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 667 ✭✭✭S.R.

Morpheus wrote: »
    Arm ukraine and accept them fully into the EU and NATO.
    Russia and it smilitary should just f**k off back across the border and out of Crimea also.
    If they attempt to take Marijupol, which they could simply by overwhelming force, it will nevertheless result in massive casualties on both sides. Urban warfare and guerilla attacks the whole way with massive damage to infrastructure, civilian populations and ultimately a step back to the cold war days.
    My two cents and my own opinion.

Ukraine population is around 50 million, Donetsk and Lugansk regions together around 7-8 million and even less taking into account that only parts of them are under control of pro-russian forces. So how exactly it is overwhelming force?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,291 ✭✭✭✭Gatling

Belarus is nearing crisis point apparently the kremlin wants it's long time leader removed from power and a new pro russian government installed .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,752 ✭✭✭pablomakaveli

Gatling wrote: »
    Belarus is nearing crisis point apparently the kremlin wants it's long time leader removed from power and a new pro russian government installed .

I thought the current leader in Belarus was pro-Russian.:confused:

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,822 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

But not a puppet I guess

He was until russia attempted to block banned products travelling through Belarus ,
    There's an interesting posts on the previous page ,which goes into more detail , basically the Belarusian now want away from Russian dominace .
    Russia won't allow that , apparently Putin's intelligence think tank believe it's time or a change in Belarus

Where are "Russian army is fighting in Ukraine blah-blah-blah" lunatics? I'd like to talk to you, come out.

http://sputniknews.com/europe/20150129/1017514425.html

Debaltsevo-Artyomovsk road, the last road that could be used to supply ukranian troops in Debaltsevo pocket is now under control of pro-russians.
    One of Russian TV channels broadcast that Debaltsevo pocket with 8-10 thousands of ukranian troops is shut.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

S.R. wrote: »
    Where are "Russian army is fighting in Ukraine blah-blah-blah" lunatics? I'd like to talk to you, come out.

It is as plain as day that you do not want to talk to anyone. You need to work on your attempts at maskirovka.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

Wondering a couple of things.

1. with the majority of the spetarists forces concentrated around debaltseve, why dont the ukraine military send in another force to smash some other rebel stronghold so that the sepetarists are stretched and their attention is pulled away from debaltseve. surely the ukraine military dwarfs the breakaway forces?

secondly, where the **** is the ukraine airforce , ukraine air to ground attack capability with helis etc? - and the ukraine air defence - second only in size to Russias? multi tier SAM systems etc. does ukraine not have any high tech HARM type munitions which can target enemy air defence systems or special forces they can send behind enemy lines to take them out and to sow discord with the sepetarists forces?

1. with the majority of the spetarists forces concentrated around debaltseve, why dont the ukraine military send in another force to smash some other rebel stronghold so that the sepetarists are stretched and their attention is pulled away from debaltseve. surely the ukraine military dwarfs the breakaway forces?

secondly, where the **** is the ukraine airforce , ukraine air to ground attack capability with helis etc? - and the ukraine air defence - second only in size to Russias? multi tier SAM systems etc. does ukraine not have any high tech HARM type munitions which can target enemy air defence systems or special forces they can send behind enemy lines to take them out and to sow discord with the sepetarists forces?

MH17 and several ukraine airforce aircraft were shot down by the latest Russian Air defence systems
    so ukraine can't and won't risk having a large part of there limited air power wiped out leaving the rest of the country with no air cover if it's required at a later stage.
    They have been lobbying for secure comes, and modern types of radar that can pinpoint heavy artillery and rocket batteries

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 285 ✭✭jelem

seems you believe the usa\eu propaganda - ukraine military are unwilling\unpaid and poorly
    supplied with no real battle experience (just as ragtag as seperatists)-
    look what happened when they fired the last misile "passenger plane" -
    both sides are and have the ukraine army weapons etc. .
    the seperatists ARE NOT BOMBING civilian towns etc. in order to take over -
    news on rte this morning had a "prof." from uk university speaking and no counter
    to the words he spoke of which were very inflamatory "of course entitled to lie to support
    his opinion YET holding a position SHOULD have sense to give balanced FAcTUAL speech.
    Thought came to mind within 30 seconds "any less informed listener as maybe rural farmer etc. WOULD have heard "russia was fighting against ukraine", which after obamas (slip)
    on tv interview that usa had interfered before Maidan kicked off SHOWS the government
    broadcaster is working the anti russian propaganda for eu\usa - along with screwing the
    citizens with the bankers debt burden etc.
    try usa "we may send arms" obama looking for $175million but we not escalating the situation hahaha

Cool story bro.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭Morpheus

man. Russia INVADED crimea
    Russia has provided REAL material to Ukrainian spetarists.
    this is little green men BS from a nutjob leader. Russia is a mighty great wonderful country being led by a viper.
    I know, i ****ing work with folks HERE in Ireland who are FROM one of the sepetarist regions and they have said sepetarists are launching rockets from INSIDE towns and villages, inviting response from Ukrainian batteries which is killing civilians.

this is little green men BS from a nutjob leader. Russia is a mighty great wonderful country being led by a viper.
    I know, i ****ing work with folks HERE in Ireland who are FROM one of the sepetarist regions and they have said sepetarists are launching rockets from INSIDE towns and villages, inviting response from Ukrainian batteries which is killing civilians.

According to soldiers interviewed in various hospitals in Ukraine there army isn't using mass artillery attacks if hardly at all .
    You get the feeling that the shelling of the various towns isn't coming from government forces .
    The rebels /russians are making themselfs as the hero's and defender's of Ukraine.

Going be the death figures 5000+ killed so far but yet these rebel cities and towns are been hammered daily by heavy artillery .I'd expect a lot higher casualty rate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,644 ✭✭✭Markcheese

Odds on , most of their good kit and units were based in Donetsk and Crimea :)

Slava ukraini 🇺🇦

The study conducted by GfK Ukraine commissioned by Berta Communications with the support of Canada Fund for Local Initiatives Project for Free Crimea showed that 82% Crimean residents support joining Russia.

This is my present to those who last year were telling "the truth" about poor Crimeans forced by russian soldiers to vote in favour of Russia.

The study conducted by GfK Ukraine commissioned by Berta Communications with the support of Canada Fund for Local Initiatives Project for Free Crimea showed that 82% Crimean residents support joining Russia.

This is my present to those who last year were telling "the truth" about poor Crimeans forced by russian soldiers to vote in favour of Russia.

Doubt it but hey that's propaganda

Doubt it but hey that's propaganda

Doubt it? You can travel to Crimea and ask people yourself.
    If you really doubt it then it's coz you haven't got a clue about situation in Crimea.

Stop spreading nonsense! Russia can not invade its own land!
    Use word "invade" if one day NI come back under Dublin rule.

Any smell of proof?
    Ukranians are very good at providing pro-russians with material.

No, not by viper, but by vampire!
    Vlad. Vampire Vlad.

I am pretty sure you have asked them why they are here instead of being in trenches to defend their beloved Ukraine.

• Advertisement

Doubt it? You can travel to Crimea and ask people yourself.
    If you really doubt it then it's coz you haven't got a clue about situation in Crimea.

I would but I'd probably be arrested and transported to russia for a show trial much like the young lady

Nadiya Savchenko

By the way, why did not anyone from "freedom and democracy lovers" camp mention here Obama's interview to CNN where he admits that americans were behind Yanukovich's overthrow with "we want democracy and freedom" cover? :D

By the way, why did not anyone from "freedom and democracy lovers" camp mention here Obama's interview to CNN where he admits that americans were behind Yanukovich's overthrow with "we want democracy and freedom" cover? :D

Really

I would but I'd probably be arrested and transported to russia for a show trial much like the young lady

Nadiya Savchenko

Nadya Savchenko young lady??? She is not young lady but enemy who participated in killing of russian reporters in Novorossia and who was member of fascist scum aka volunteer Aidar battalion.
    She should be grateful she is still alive. Members of such units should be finished off at scene.

So don't scare yourself, get visa and travel without hesitation. Crimea is very beautiful place.

Nadya Savchenko young lady??? She is not young lady but enemy who participated in killing of russian reporters in Novorossia and who was member of fascist scum aka volunteer Aidar battalion.
    She should be grateful she is still alive. Members of such units should be finished off at scene.

Captured In Ukraine now in a russia prison that doesn't make sense at all ,
    She's also an elected member of the Ukrainian parliament

• Advertisement

So don't scare yourself, get visa and travel without hesitation. Crimea is very beautiful place.

I would but I've stood to so many putin bots I would end up in Russia,

But I've thought about heading to Kiev to sign to the Ukrainian army

Captured In Ukraine now in a russia prison that doesn't make sense at all ,
    She's also an elected member of the Ukrainian parliament

Does it make sense when americans and english capture people all over the world?
    Adolf Hitler was head of state, you think he should be set free?

Does it make sense when americans and english capture people all over the world?
    Adolf Hitler was head of state, you think he should be set free?

He's dead

I would but I've stood to so many putin bots I would end up in Russia,

Crimea is Russia. If you travel to Crimea what's a point in being scared of ending up in Russia? :D
    But I've thought about heading to Kiev to sign to the Ukrainian army

Very good. Welcome to Novorossia. Soon begins plowing time, land will need fertilizers. :D

He's dead

He wasn't before USSR knocked on his door.

• Advertisement

He wasn't before USSR knocked on his door.

Debatable

Crimea is Russia. If you travel to Crimea what's a point in being scared of ending up in Russia? :D

Very good. Welcome to Novorossia. Soon begins plowing time, land will need fertilizers. :D

Any insights into life as a Russians conscripts at all

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭anton

What a bunch of lies. All Obama said, is that they 'brokered a deal to transition power in Ukraine', which was at a time of a standoff between government and protestors, and there was number of attempts to negotiate some peaceful handover of power.

Stop spreading nonsense! Russia can not invade its own land!
    Use word "invade" if one day NI come back under Dublin rule.

"1984" was a work of fiction, not an instruction manual. Double-plus good and all that at the Ministry of Truth.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭BlaasForRafa

So how much are you getting paid by Putin's lot to post here?

The Ukrainian Constitution is clear: A sitting President may only be removed from office by a 3/4 vote in the Rada. They voted to remove Yanukovych and failed. But they just moved ahead removed Yanukovych anyway in violation of the Ukrainian Constitution and in defiance of the Ukrainian Supreme court . That is called a coup and it is the opposite of democracy.

In the United States it would be as if the Republican house tried to impeach Obama, failed to get enough votes, ignored the Constitution and Supreme Court, and just remove Obama anyway and appointed Mitt Romney as 'interim President'. You call this democracy? Disgusting. That is the opposite of constitutional democracy... it is mob rule.

You call the elections "free and fair" even as so-called "lustration" laws are being used to prevent anyone who opposes the coup from running for office. The largest political party in the country, the Party of Regions, refuses to even participate in these rigged elections.

You cannot dispute any of these facts because they're all easily verified... so you cry about 'yellow journalism' and accuse anyone who tells the truth of propaganda. (c)

The Ukrainian Constitution is clear: A sitting President may only be removed from office by a 3/4 vote in the Rada. They voted to remove Yanukovych and failed. But they just moved ahead removed Yanukovych anyway in violation of the Ukrainian Constitution and in defiance of the Ukrainian Supreme court . That is called a coup and it is the opposite of democracy.

In the United States it would be as if the Republican house tried to impeach Obama, failed to get enough votes, ignored the Constitution and Supreme Court, and just remove Obama anyway and appointed Mitt Romney as 'interim President'. You call this democracy? Disgusting. That is the opposite of constitutional democracy... it is mob rule.

You call the elections "free and fair" even as so-called "lustration" laws are being used to prevent anyone who opposes the coup from running for office. The largest political party in the country, the Party of Regions, refuses to even participate in these rigged elections.

You cannot dispute any of these facts because they're all easily verified... so you cry about 'yellow journalism' and accuse anyone who tells the truth of propaganda. (c)

For anyone reading, these are not S.R.s words but copied verbatim from a comment in the deeply biased article above. In short, another two posts and they're nothing but news dumps on behalf of the Kremlin.

I noticed nobody seems to mention Ukrainians make up 70% of the population give or take , russians 23% give or take and others make up 9/10% .

But yet the minority pro russian and kremlin employees have held power for over 10 years deeply corrupt country indeed

Lemming wrote: »
    For anyone reading, these are not S.R.s words but copied verbatim from a comment in the deeply biased article above. In short, another two posts and they're nothing but news dumps on behalf of the Kremlin.

Jesus, I am exposed. Don't know how can I live with it now.
    Are your eyes on holidays? Can't you see (c) sign?

It's interesting you paid attention to this comment. :) Why? Coz that man said the facts which are not in line with your White House and Downing Street employers' wishes? :)

P.S. Keep mentioning Kremlin in your comments as often as possible. :D

• Advertisement

I noticed nobody seems to mention Ukrainians make up 70% of the population give or take , russians 23% give or take and others make up 9/10% .

But yet the minority pro russian and kremlin employees have held power for over 10 years deeply corrupt country indeed

This comment shows one more time that you really haven't got a clue about what's going on in Ukraine. Learn Ukranian, learn Russian and read, read, read.

So how much are you getting paid by Putin's lot to post here?

So how much are you paid by Obama's lot to post here?

Lemming wrote: »
    "1984" was a work of fiction, not an instruction manual. Double-plus good and all that at the Ministry of Truth.

I am not surprised you mentioned fiction. Take a break and come back to reality before posting again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Busy bee!

You can tell the posting from Moscow time!

Busy bee!

You can tell the posting from Moscow time!

Yes, comrade Horseman, busy KGBee. Right from Lubyanka.

anton wrote: »
    What a bunch of lies. All Obama said, is that they 'brokered a deal to transition power in Ukraine', which was at a time of a standoff between government and protestors, and there was number of attempts to negotiate some peaceful handover of power.

Yes, all Obama said "we brokered a deal". Just forgot to mention 5 billion "investment" in Ukraine, cookies from Mrs. F*ck the EU and numerous american agencies working in Ukraine since collapse of USSR.

You rape a girl and then say "all I have done was I brokered a deal to make love to her".

Last week Ukranian Chief of Staff admitted that THERE ARE NO russian troops in Novorossia. Yet Obama talking about pro-russian forces in Donbass said to CNN "russian troops support them". Good one, Barak.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 134 ✭✭anton

Last week Ukranian Chief of Staff admitted that THERE ARE NO russian troops in Novorossia. Yet Obama talking about pro-russian forces in Donbass said to CNN "russian troops support them". Good one, Barak.

This was taken out of context, he said they are not fighting regular russian army units at the moment.

But let's leave this for a moment. I wonder, you seem like Russia and Putin so much. So what are you doing here in Ireland? Why haven't you gone to Russia yet?

This was taken out of context, he said they are not fighting regular russian army units at the moment.

Out of what context?!?!?!?! Give me any link to show what context are you talking about. Either in English, or Ukranian, or Russian. Video or text - doesn't matter.
    But let's leave this for a moment. I wonder, you seem like Russia and Putin so much. So what are you doing here in Ireland? Why haven't you gone to Russia yet?

Your smart questions are killing me without mercy. Don't know where to start here.

Well, firstly, you should read all posts before asking questions. I just said few hours ago that I am posting from Lubyanka.

Secondly. Lets imagine I am in Ireland. Don't you think that I might like Ireland too? And what should I do if I like Russia, Ireland, Switzerland, Spain and Italy?

Thirdly. You seem to like Ukraine. So what are you doing here in Ireland? Or may be I am wrong? May be you are posting sitting in trenches near Debaltsevo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,248 ✭✭✭✭BoJack Horseman

Secondly. Lets imagine I am in Ireland

Seems more than hypocritical to leave the motherland, then rail constantly against the evil 'West'...... The same west that gives you a home, a job etc.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement