Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netflix Newbie

Options
  • 01-03-2014 8:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

Hi Guys

I'm a bit new to this so please bear with me.

I live in the country - Wexford. I have a have a Vodafone Internet package running at 'up to'3mbs. In reality we probably only get 1.5mbs. We have 2 laptops and 2 mobiles on the go at any one time making calls and accessing the web

We have Sky TV with a Sky + box, and a dish on the side of the house. We have a Vodafone router powering our Internet home network.

My questions are:

Q1. Is the speed of our broadband enough to stream Netflix to a TV or computer screen without any lag or interference.

Q2. What additional items of hardware do need to purchase to make Netflix work?

Many thanks in advance

What additional items

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,734 ✭✭✭zarquon

Hi Guys

I'm a bit new to this so please bear with me.

I live in the country - Wexford. I have a have a Vodafone Internet package running at 'up to'3mbs. In reality we probably only get 1.5mbs. We have 2 laptops and 2 mobiles on the go at any one time making calls and accessing the web

We have Sky TV with a Sky + box, and a dish on the side of the house. We have a Vodafone router powering our Internet home network.

My questions are:

Q1. Is the speed of our broadband enough to stream Netflix to a TV or computer screen without any lag or interference.

Q2. What additional items of hardware do need to purchase to make Netflix work?

Many thanks in advance

What additional items

No, 1.5 mbps will struggle big time for streaming. Netflix will throttle to SD but the quality will be poor and expect buffering. You don't need additional hardware, but you need a better broadband service

• Registered Users Posts: 39 digitalnative

Thank you for the response

Advertisement