Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Graduate moving to the uk, some help please :D

Options
  • 01-03-2014 9:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hey!:confused::confused::confused:

So I graduated almost two years ago and did the year long visa trip to the states and loved it but with the whole visa situation I couldnt stay on there. Came home last October and have just been struggling so much in trying to get into a good entry level job. In fact I have applied to supermarkets and petrol stations and still no luck!

This country's a joke right now!

So I have a friend living in London and London's always been a dream of mine to go to and I could stay with her while job hunting in the city, but I just wanted to ask if anyones got any advice for me regarding going to other areas?

I was thinking of going to Manchester, Liverpool or even one of the major Scottish cities first because they would be a hell of a lot cheaper than London at first?

Any ideas? I'm a graduate of Event Management so I have a pretty open job search from media, marketing, pr loads of stuff to get into.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,300 ✭✭✭✭razorblunt

Event Management in Edinburgh is a tough one to crack, a few Unis here offer similar courses so the market is well stocked with qualified folk. Saying that employment in General is quite high here so you'd pick up work quite handily. It's expensive but not as expensive as London obviously.

Advertisement