Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Applewood Area, Swords

Options
  • 01-03-2014 11:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hello

I am wondering if anyone can please help me with some information on Applewood, Swords.

I have been living in Balbriggan for the past few years, and may be offered a property (housing assosciation) in this area.

I have 2 small children, im just wondering is it a nice place is there good creches etc?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

kewlkat wrote: »
    Hello

I am wondering if anyone can please help me with some information on Applewood, Swords.

I have been living in Balbriggan for the past few years, and may be offered a property (housing assosciation) in this area.

I have 2 small children, im just wondering is it a nice place is there good creches etc?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Used to own a home there. Sold it just before the crash and I'm happy not just for the wedge I made from it.

I didn't like it. I'd be better served telling you to spend an hour walking around there at various times of the day instead of putting myself on the line by posting my opinion here. Best of luck :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kewlkat

Thank you for your reply. I really appreciate your honesty. I think we will take a good look around out there before we make any big decisions.

Was there much antisocial behaviour etc ? Sorry to ask again it's just we are a very quiet family and I'd hate to get trapped somewhere we didn't feel safe.

Thanks so much again.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭Paybel

kewlkat wrote: »
    Was there much antisocial behaviour etc ? Sorry to ask again it's just we are a very quiet family and I'd hate to get trapped somewhere we didn't feel safe.

I don't live there myself - but I've heard a bit. A guy I know in work lives there and he said he had some teenagers start on him (saying offensive stuff) as he was going into the chipper there. Not sure what was said (as this happened some time ago!) but I wouldn't be rushing to live there.

He said he was well able for them - but nothing physically happened but I know I would find it intimidating! :(

• Registered Users Posts: 949 ✭✭✭M.J.M.C

Unlike other poster - I live and have lived in this area for years.
    Love it, the people and neighbours are great and friendly. All of the surrounding estates have residence associations.
    Plenty of young families around.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kewlkat

M.J.M.C wrote: »
    Unlike other poster - I live and have lived in this area for years.
    Love it, the people and neighbours are great and friendly. All of the surrounding estates have residence associations.
    Plenty of young families around.

Thank you to everyone that had replied so far. It's a pity people don't appreciate their houses/neighbourhood. I guess there's good and bad everywhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I've sent you that PM OP

Advertisement