Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Permanent ban on AH after one row

Options
  • 02-03-2014 12:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭

Got involved in row with poster who IMHO was trivialising a serious thread. I was provoked by this poster and certainly was uncivil to the person. A permanent ban seems disproportionate for a new poster with no infractions. Over to you.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,700 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hi Cantremember,

A Rec Cmod will look into this and get back to you.

Hi Cantremember,

Firstly, other people's posts are not up for discussion here. Everyone is responsible for the posts they themselves made. If you had an issue with another person's posts, you should have reported them and left them for a mod to deal with instead of responding in the manner you did.

Secondly, the majority of your posts were simply unacceptable, and warranted more than an infraction or short ban.

If you promise to keep a cooler head in future and report posts instead of replying in such an uncivil manner, the mod is willing to reduce the ban to two weeks.

Let me know if this is agreeable, and if it isn't you may request that an admin review this decision.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

Have PMed agreement Penn. Very fair outcome.

Good stuff. The ban can't be lifted early automatically, so PM either myself or the mod who banned you with a link to this thread once the two weeks are up and we'll lift it manually.

This thread can be marked as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement