Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post?

Options
  • 02-03-2014 1:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 19

If I send a large letter tomorrow (Sunday) from Dublin, will it reach Cork (EIL Intercultural Learning) by 6pm March 5th (Wednesday)? Is there any way to assure this?

All help appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 684 ✭✭✭haro124

It should do. If you're worried have it registered, you'll be able to track it and see when it's delivered etc.. Costs about €5.50

• Registered Users Posts: 17,736 ✭✭✭✭kylith

It won't leave Dublin till Monday though so, if I were you, rather than putting it in a post box today I'd bring it to the PO tomorrow morning and send it registered post.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Surely registration is to protect yourself in case it goes missing i.e. you can claim insurance if there's something valuable in the package?

If the package has no intrinsic value and assuming the recipient is prepared to let you know when it arrives, is there any benefit at all to registering it? As far as I know it doesn't it make it get there any faster so why bother registering it?

Two days is plenty for delivery from Dublin to Cork, the majority of letters will get there the next day.

Advertisement