Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Window 7 - regular shutdowns

Options
  • 02-03-2014 4:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭

I'm getting regular shutdowns (once/twice a night). No BSOD, just an instant restart. I think it's got something to do with my video drivers/card because it happens 90% of the time playing games.

I've attached the crash log event screengrabs (in the history they always come together). Anyone know what this could be?

Here's a link to the dmp file;
    http://www.filedropper.com/030214-10935-01

I'm running the most up-to-date video drivers and Windows updates.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 772 ✭✭✭maki

Since it seems to be happening during gaming it might be an idea to keep an eye on your GPU temps. You may have an overheating issue on your hands, of which a sudden reboot would be characteristic.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

What graphics card is in the pc? I think I am having an issue with Nvidia on an ion machine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

As stated above it sounds like a heating issue, have you checked that the fans are working correctly? Is the GPU a stand alone graphics card or inbuilt onto the motherboard?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,789 ✭✭✭grizzly

Here's grabs showing my setup (including GPU) and the temps while under full load running the game Rome II benchmark under very high settings. These temps are well within safe range from what I've heard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭rolliepoley

I would say its your psu being overloaded try a better psu or one with better out put.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭200motels

grizzly wrote: »
    Here's grabs showing my setup (including GPU) and the temps while under full load running the game Rome II benchmark under very high settings. These temps are well within safe range from what I've heard.
    Have you updated the driver for graphics card, I think nvidia has a new update for your card.

200motels wrote: »
    Have you updated the driver for graphics card, I think nvidia has a new update for your card.

Yep, using 334.89 released on the 18th of February.

OK so I have been having issues with a new build of Windows 7 Home Premium, 64bit
    Asus NetTop PC (EeeBox PC EB1501P)
    CPU - Intel Atom D525 Dual Core 1.8GHz
    Graphics - NVIDIA ION(GT218-ION) 512MB
    4 GB RAM installed

I rebuilt the OS recently and ever since the machine is acting weird with stuttering video playback and the sound keeps emitting strange beeps and screeches. Could not play back .MKV files no matter what player I used other files would give random issues and the PC would occasionally freeze and have to be rebooted.

Here is what I did

Uninstalled all NVIDIA Drivers including sound drivers
    Rebooted and the system updated to the latest drivers – NVIDIA Experience informed me new drivers were available but it hung twice when trying to install them. After 3 hard reboots it eventually seems to have sorted itself and I am now running Driver 335.23

Maybe this will help someone

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

New driver out. Have read of similar problem for someone regarding Gpu not being detected.
    Go to program uninstall all nvidia files.

Then knock off computer retart using onboard go to hardware manager see if it is there. Then install 335.23

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭CreepingDeath

I'd try uninstalling the current graphics driver.

Run Driver Sweeper in safe mode

Then reboot, and install latest driver version.

That should rule out software issues... assuming the latest graphics driver from is stable and bug free !

• Registered Users Posts: 847 ✭✭✭Bog Standard User

sudden shutdowns during gaming could indicate 3 possible problems

1. overheating gpu
    2. damaged gcard
    3. faulty psu (not delivering sufficient power during high demand times)

sudden shutdowns during gaming could indicate 3 possible problems

1. overheating gpu
    2. damaged gcard
    3. faulty psu (not delivering sufficient power during high demand times)

or make that 4
    I had shutdowns and freezing whilst playing video files and updated drivers fixed it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭SterlingArcher

Add ram in there.

Advertisement