Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

J-tag kernal/dashboard update

• 02-03-2014 6:22am
    Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭

Hi all,

Just looking for some info around updating the kernal/dashboard on a j-tagged xbox 360.

I originally had the j-tag done by one of our fellow boardsies..

Is there anything that I may need from the consoles original state in order to carry out this update ?

Is there anything else that i may need to know ?

cheers,

whackball

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

You need your Keyvault to generate your new dashboard, so you need a nand dump but preferably the original stock dump. If you don't have your original nand dump then you can dump your current nand from your console to a FAT32 USB stick with a homebrew software tool called Flash360.

I would use JRunner to generate the new dashboard version

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭whackball

You need your Keyvault to generate your new dashboard, so you need a nand dump but preferably the original stock dump. If you don't have your original nand dump then you can dump your current nand from your console to a FAT32 USB stick with a homebrew software tool called Flash360.

I would use JRunner to generate the new dashboard version

Thanks for your response.

I don't have the original NAND dump and I have little experience with this stuff.

Would you know if there is a step by step guide that I could follow without messing up my console. I think Docentre done my original mod but am unsure if he is still about, hence I would probably ask him to update it.

Regards,

Whackball

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Docentore is still around, so you can drop him a PM if you need to. I'm a big fan of letting people help themselves though, because once you learn how to update once you can update it forever :)

Here's the first step:

Extract NAND with Flash360

Once you have that done come back to us, we'll tell you where to go next :)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭whackball

Docentore is still around, so you can drop him a PM if you need to. I'm a big fan of letting people help themselves though, because once you learn how to update once you can update it forever :)

Here's the first step:

Extract NAND with Flash360

Once you have that done come back to us, we'll tell you where to go next :)

Thanks mate, I'll have a go myself so, it's just the lingering fear of bricking the console. But your right, better to have a go myself.

Advertisement