Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Limits in Oranmore

Options
  • 02-03-2014 8:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,900 ✭✭✭

It's our eldest girls birthday (5) in a few weeks and we were thinking of going to
    City Limits for the Tickle Pink Fairy & Princess Parties. Anyone already do this or know someone who did? Is it any good?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

My son was at a party there a few years ago and my lasting memory was that I was freezing,

Busy Bees in Oranmore and Monkey Business in Knocknacarra are both warmer.

I know this doesn't answer your question but it might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,900 ✭✭✭gifted

ErnieBert wrote: »
    My son was at a party there a few years ago and my lasting memory was that I was freezing,

Busy Bees in Oranmore and Monkey Business in Knocknacarra are both warmer.

I know this doesn't answer your question but it might help.

Thanks Ernie, I was actually in Busy Bees yesterday for a party and the kids seemed happy enough, only complaint I have is that it gets very very busy, they seem to let everyone in and then it's chaos as kids just end up bumping into each other and parents end up having to stand around as the tables are completely full.

We were also thinking of the Burren sanctuary but if it rains on the day then the kids are stuck indoors and while the slide is good and the kids love using it, if it gets busy as well then it gets uncomfortable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,924 ✭✭✭beardybrewer

We recently did my son's birthday in Planet (next to Tesco). They did the soft play area, laser tag, and standard sausage/nuggets + chips. All in all, it was pretty reasonable and the best part was I didn't have to invite all those kids in to my house which they probably would have destroyed. I think it was 9 or 10 kids and was about €100. One nice thing to point out was it seemed we had a dedicated member of staff who was available throughout the party to get us anything we needed.

I'd imagine City Limits offers something similar and if they bowl I believe they have much better lanes. Planet seems very run down: pins on strings, uneven floor boards, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

Karido Kids in Athenry have a play area in the Raheen Woods Hotel. Have never been to the City Limit's party's but a party there and Busy Bees are just mad busy. Party's on top of stop by's they are just so busy at the weekends.
    Maybe look into having the paty mid week.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭ErnieBert

If you want the best party for kids, you can't go wrong with the pet farm outside Moycullen. It's awesome when the weather is good but it's pretty damn good when it's lashing rain too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭RubyGirl

ErnieBert wrote: »
    If you want the best party for kids, you can't go wrong with the per farm outside Moycullen. It's awesome when the weather is good but it's pretty damn good when it's lashing rain too.

http://www.loughwellfarmpark.ie/

Have to agree, it's a great spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,900 ✭✭✭gifted

Thanks everyone for you suggestions, plenty of places out there but I want to know if anyone had done or know someone who done City Limits for the Tickle Pink Fairy & Princess Parties :)

Advertisement