Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Liverpool Birthday Cake

Options
  • 02-03-2014 1:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi,

Just wondering if anyone would know of where I could pick up a Liverpool Birthday Cake in Dublin? Any places that might have some available without ordering?

Nothing too expensive or big, for about 6-8 people. I looked up a few places online and they were quoting nearly €100!

I can probably get one in Tescos for cheap enough but I'm looking for something a little nicer which isn't crazy expensive.

Any thoughts?

Cheers

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,110 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dizzyblonde

You're more likely to get helpful replies here in the Dublin City forum.

Moved from Cakes & Bakes.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭Lux23

I saw them in Dunnes but maybe try Ann's Bakery on Mary Street too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

Tesco would probably have it. But I have never eaten a shop brought jam cake that was nice. They are always disgusting. A better choice is a Mark & Spencers cake which is a little more but worth it IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭CPSW

Seen them in Tesco before, don't think they are too big though!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

There's a bakery on Lower Liffey Street which often has football-jersey style ones in the window. Pre-ordering might be necessary but you could give them a try. I think they have another shop across the river near the supervalu on aston quay

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,347 ✭✭✭✭Grayditch

Buy the cheap Tesco one. Skim off the layer with the crest and slap it on a nice cake. Bit of icing around the cuts. Be grand!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,602 ✭✭✭emzolita

TBH OP, less than 100e is a very reasonable price for a personalised cake.
    DB1984 wrote: »
    Hi,
    I can probably get one in Tescos for cheap enough but I'm looking for something a little nicer

You're gonna need to spend a bit more to get something a little nicer. Ask a self-employed baker for an 8inch covered sponge cake, with a Liverpool crest on it, and you might get it for less than 100e, but if you're looking for a theme cake, you can expect to pay that price. (5+ hours of labour, ingredients, materials, sugarcraft insurance etc)

Advertisement