Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

motors ban

Options
  • 02-03-2014 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Hi, I have been banned for a month from motors forum for supposedly trolling. While I admit that last night I made a comment that was supposed to be humerous but was maybe taken personally. The warning was accepted.
    However this morning I quoted an episode from top gear that was completely true. That IMO is not trolling. May not have been helpful to the op but nothing wrong with harmless banter.

I will also say that the op was very sarcastic and insulting (more so than I) in his retalliation.

I feel the ban is harsh and undeserved. Never even got a warning previously.

Please look into this and reinstate my access.

Thanks
    Chris.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,700 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Hi Chris,

Have you contacted the mod in question to discuss the ban? If not, please do so. If you have and no agreement could be reached, please indicate so and a Rec Cmod will look into this and get back to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭christy02

Penn wrote: »
    Hi Chris,

Have you contacted the mod in question to discuss the ban? If not, please do so. If you have and no agreement could be reached, please indicate so and a Rec Cmod will look into this and get back to you.

I contacted the mod (Colm) and he just came back with a comment about what did I expect.
    A month when I have never even got so much as a warning before is crazy.
    Seems that a bit of banter is considered trolling these days.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

christy02 wrote: »
    I contacted the mod (Colm) and he just came back with a comment about what did I expect.
    A month when I have never even got so much as a warning before is crazy.
    Seems that a bit of banter is considered trolling these days.

Please continue your discussion with the mod and if you fail to reach an agreement please return here.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Hi Christy, I can see your ban was reduced. If you have no objections I think we can mark this matter resolved now.

Advertisement