Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Griffith college v DBS v National college of Ireland

Options
  • 02-03-2014 3:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

I want to study Finance and accounting this september, on a part-time evening basis, but cant decide which college to choose. My options are Griffith college or DBS or NCIRL...

Can anyone give me some advice on which would have the better lecturers, as the course content is pretty much the same between the courses in each college.

Also, for future employers, does one of those colleges stand out more when they are looking at where potential employees have gained degrees.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭miezekatze

I don't think anyone will be able to compare the lecturers of each college for you, I doubt anyone's gone to all three colleges doing the exact same course you are planning on doing! I study part-time at DBS and most of my lecturers were quite good. The first year and part of second year were a bit boring (modules are very basic) but third and fourth year are a lot more challenging, at least in my course. My course is different to yours, but I was also considering Griffith college at the time and decided against it cos it would have been WAY more expensive than DBS.

• Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 12,739 Mod ✭✭✭✭cournioni

Have you given the IPA in Ballsbridge any thought? They have a BBS (Hons) Accounting stream with exemptions to P level modules in ACCA, meaning after the course you're five exams and some job experience away from being fully ACCA qualified.

The degrees are NUi / UCD accredited.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 DJR79

Cheers. Will have a look at that.

Advertisement