Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working abroad

Options
  • 02-03-2014 3:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭

Hi Folks,

Just a query on working abroad. I'm thinking of moving jobs and I am going to leave Dublin and either move home to Galway or go abroad preferably to San Francisco for a while I was just wondering if anyone has gone through the process?

Obviously there is an issue with work permits etc but has anyone any idea how to approach this as there are a good few companies out there who specify you have to be already eligible to work in the US when applying for jobs.

Would it be best to work in an American Company here and then try and get a transfer maybe?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,021 ✭✭✭ChRoMe

Hi Folks,

Just a query on working abroad. I'm thinking of moving jobs and I am going to leave Dublin and either move home to Galway or go abroad preferably to San Francisco for a while I was just wondering if anyone has gone through the process?

Obviously there is an issue with work permits etc but has anyone any idea how to approach this as there are a good few companies out there who specify you have to be already eligible to work in the US when applying for jobs.

Would it be best to work in an American Company here and then try and get a transfer maybe?

Its extremely difficult to get into the states without having a company that wants to transfer you. My best mate is married to an american and is the father of an american citizen and that doesn't even automatically give him the right to work there.

Advertisement