Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

acetone for removing fake nails - where to buy???

Options
  • 02-03-2014 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,881 ✭✭✭

where in the city can i get acetone? need to remove fake nails..

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Probably Hennesseys on Pembroke Street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Boots, tesco or any chemist. Just read the back of the nail polish removers. If they don't say "acetone free", they are usually just acetone.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,881 ✭✭✭sporina

pwurple wrote: »
    Boots, tesco or any chemist. Just read the back of the nail polish removers. If they don't say "acetone free", they are usually just acetone.

but surely acetone is better? never removed fake nails before..

tried boots onhalf moon st and they did not have it..

hennesy's prob best bet but not open today.

will try other chemists

thanks

got acetone in boots on patricks street - thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

Acetone is better alright. You get it in the nail polishes but tis concentrate as such. They normally have it behind the counter so youll have to ask.. Dab in cotton wool wrap around you finger and even seal with some cling or foil and let it there for a bit should do the trick..

• Advertisement

Milly33 wrote: »
    Acetone is better alright. You get it in the nail polishes but tis concentrate as such. They normally have it behind the counter so youll have to ask.. Dab in cotton wool wrap around you finger and even seal with some cling or foil and let it there for a bit should do the trick..

yes it worked great - and now i can remove my own shellac too i would think..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

sporina wrote: »
    but surely acetone is better? never removed fake nails before..

tried boots onhalf moon st and they did not have it..

hennesy's prob best bet but not open today.

will try other chemists

thanks

Think you misread me! Nail polish remover, especially the cheap ones, ARE acetone.

Unless they say 'acetone free', in which case they are something else.

pwurple wrote: »
    Think you misread me! Nail polish remover, especially the cheap ones, ARE acetone.

Unless they say 'acetone free', in which case they are something else.

no they have acetone in them - usually about 60 %..
    i wanted pure acetone.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,651 ✭✭✭Milly33

think tis cheeky a lot of the beauticians do not tell you this trick I know they make money again out of it, but for the sake of what the €10 they charge.. Twas Simones in Ballintemple said it to me loverly ladies there

Milly33 wrote: »
    think tis cheeky a lot of the beauticians do not tell you this trick I know they make money again out of it, but for the sake of what the €10 they charge.. Twas Simones in Ballintemple said it to me loverly ladies there

huh?

• Advertisement
Advertisement