Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Returning to Ireland needing to open a bank account

Options
  • 02-03-2014 4:41pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 107 ✭✭

I am returning to Ireland & will need to open a bank account. What will I need considering I have not lived in the country for 18 years so I do not have any utility bills. I have family still living there who would vouch for me

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

You're not returning from another Eurozone country by any chance? If so, just use your current account from there initially and get an Irish one if you feel the need.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Billy

joegdoyle wrote: »
    I am returning to Ireland & will need to open a bank account. What will I need considering I have not lived in the country for 18 years so I do not have any utility bills. I have family still living there who would vouch for me
    Hi joegdoyle, 

Thanks for posting. 

The best thing to do is to call our Switching Team on + 353 1 4044034 and a representative will be happy to help. 

Representative assisted hours are 8am - 8pm Mon - Fri and 10am - 6pm Sat and Sun. 

Thanks

Billy 

Advertisement