Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recipe App/Website

Options
  • 02-03-2014 6:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭

Apologies if this is the wrong thread for this post but I was just wondering if people knew of an app or website which allows you to input what ingredients you have around the house and it will give you recipes of dishes that could be made with ingredients you only have.

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,057 ✭✭✭MissFlitworth

Just moved to the main Cooking & Recipes forum OP.

You can search the BBC Good Food website by ingredient or browse by ingredient type

http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/category/ingredients

Can't think of any, off the top of my head, that limit the recipe to ingredients you have but maybe someone else can be more helpful!

Actually - Supercook might work for you!

http://www.supercook.com/

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Gosh_idiots

Hey there

Does anyone know of any recipe websites that you enter ingredients you have into and it gives you suggested recipes? Always looking for new recipes and just think it would be mad handy to find a site like that!

Cheers!! :)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,657 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

Bizarrely similar threads started within an hour of each other merged...

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭twerg_85

I would use google (and I'm not being smart).

F.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,467 ✭✭✭✭Alun

twerg_85 wrote: »
    I would use google (and I'm not being smart).

F.
    Me too. Just Google "recipe ingredient1 ingredient2 ingredient3 ..." which usually throws up a bunch of ideas, or just search the BBC Good Food site if you don't want loads of US-centric recipes with odd measurements :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Epicurious.com is a nice website, and their app works very well. I think it has an ingredients search too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,271 ✭✭✭squonk

+1 for BBC Food. I use Paprika to manage my recipe collection. In that I add tags for all the main ingredients of a recipe so by no I can quickly see all the recipes I've got calling for tomato. The drawback is that you can't do aggregate queries e.g. tomato AND onion etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Gosh_idiots

Haha!! Great minds .. Thanks guys! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 439 ✭✭Wexy86

Big Over might do the job also, the app had a section called leftovers and you can put your ingredients in and it will throw some suggestions back :-)

Advertisement