Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New vegetarian/falafel place in Dame St, Dublin

Options
  • 02-03-2014 7:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭

Passing on the bus today, I saw a shop with the shutters down on Dame Street, but the sign said falafel and then vegetarian cafe or something underneath. It was on the opposite side of the road to Umi Falafel, and a bit further down towards Trinity.

Maybe it's still in the process of opening?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

Hmm, your directions confused me, so I couldn't find it when looking the other day. It's pretty much opposite Umi and 2 or 3 doors further away from Trinity. It's called Falafel Lounge and they advertise that it is a Vegetarian Restaurant on the signage. I had a quick look inside today. I asked what was vegan and the serving girl looked confused (she didn't know what I meant). She asked her colleague who also didn't understand the term. Then she asked a chef who was able to point out the dishes that were OK. They do salad plates / bowls and take-away containers for set prices, which include some falafel, and it's up to you to choose the salads. They also have some hot main dishes available for a separate price.

After checking it out I decided not to eat there and rushed over to the lovely Umi for my lunch :D You know they do a vegan dessert (basbousa) and have soya milk now? Makes me happy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭lfqnic

Vegan desert? Yay! I'm looking forward to trying the other place once they get on their feet, but I was very surprised to see two opposing vegetarian felafel places opposite one another...

Advertisement