Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Media Studies or Journalism?

• 02-03-2014 7:39pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

I'm in 5th year and I'm looking at either the Arts course Media Studies & French and Journalism.

Media looks more attractive cause I get to spend a year abroad, learn French as well and it has a more broader scope. But it is only an arts course.

However Journalism has a more narrow scope, but a more solid degree by the looks of it.

Can any students of any courses give me some input to the course?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10 gary_is_hip

I study Journalism at the moment and you do walk away with a very solid degree by the end of it and it looks great on paper. My friend does Media and Spanish and from what I've heard from her and a number of others doing Media with something else as part of an Arts degree, the actual course content for Media is extremely weak and meaningless and also very dull. Last semester she only had 2 hours of media lectures a week. If studying a language is important to you then go for it but don't expect your Media degree to count for much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭if832uspx4eogt

thanks for that response :)

Advertisement