Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Netopia 2247NWG Eircom Router

Options
  • 02-03-2014 8:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭

Hello

I would like to turn my old eircom router ideally into a switch / wirless booster for my garage at home

I am now with upc and have a cable direct from the upc router to the garage. The wireless in the garage is very weak.

Hoping the above can be done.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

Can be, just set it to not DHCP and give it a static IP.

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭banaco73

ED E wrote: »
    Can be, just set it to not DHCP and give it a static IP.

Tx

Both routers have different ip address do I still need to change the ip address

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭White Heart Loon

banaco73 wrote: »
    Tx

Both routers have different ip address do I still need to change the ip address

Give them different ip addresses in the same subnet, disable DHCP and connect to a lan port.

If you give the wireless the same SSID and encryption type and key as your original UPC wireless your devices will roam from one to the other

Advertisement