Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPC connection problem (until restart)

Options
  • 02-03-2014 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

4 of us recently moved into a new house that has UPC TV & Broadband, two of us have to restart the modem every time we close down our laptops and reopen them to connect to it while it works all the time for the other two, any idea what might be causing this problem?

I've turned off all virus protection and firewalls so that rules out that. It cannot be a laptop issue because we moved from a house with UPC and it worked fine and back in my home house, again, it works fine.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,339 ✭✭✭chabsey

We've had a similar issue since the upgrade to 120mb. Firstly the wifi range has dropped, rooms that previously had coverage now don't. But more annoying is that we have to reboot the modem every morning as the wifi just stops working. It's still connectable to, just nothing works so I have to reboot.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭gtrizy

chabsey wrote: »
    We've had a similar issue since the upgrade to 120mb. Firstly the wifi range has dropped, rooms that previously had coverage now don't. But more annoying is that we have to reboot the modem every morning as the wifi just stops working. It's still connectable to, just nothing works so I have to reboot.

Still haven't found out what's wrong.. the only thing we can think of is there's too many devices trying to connect. It was perfect on our 120 horizon box, its just the new gaff has that old pre 2010 silver box, its 25 mb i think, well, we're only getting 15 mb on a good day.

Advertisement