Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

A really good vacuum cleaner with a great discount?

Options
  • 02-03-2014 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭

Preferably a Dyson. Or a Nilfisk.

Any suggestions/recommendations?

(Ps. I have an old dyson if anyone spots the trade-in offer back on)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 947 ✭✭✭zef

amdublin wrote: »
    Preferably a Dyson. Or a Nilfisk.

Any suggestions/recommendations?

(Ps. I have an old dyson if anyone spots the trade-in offer back on)[/quote

Hi, I upgraded my Dyson to one of these in January, paid same price as this offer.http://www.did.ie/dc39-animal-a-full-size-dyson-balltm-cylinder-vacuum-cleaner-dc39-animal-prd
    Sold the old one on adverts for 60€

• Registered Users Posts: 20,653 ✭✭✭✭amdublin

Oh my gosh great price!

Wonder how long more will be going on for - won't be ready to buy until around 25th of March.

Don't think I could sell mine...think the filter or motor might be going....it's 13 years old...losing power.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 322 ✭✭jpb14

Go and buy yourself an old 2nd hand Dyson.They are the best Dysons ever made,they were made in the uk and they are bulletproof.
    All you need to do is every year or 2 change out the exhaust vacume filter which is only 12 euro to buy.the pre filter is washable so you just was that out every 6 months or so.
    i have a 10 year old dyson dc08 and no matter how hard i try to kill it,it wont die.:D

great video here on how to strip it down and propperly clean it out every year few years.

Yeah so I have an old Dyson already so wouldn't needs to buy a 2nd hand one (see all my posts)

Will look into stripping it/cleaning it/fixing it.

Where did you buy the parts?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,563 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Absolutely do not get a modern Dyson, they're flimsy badly designed rubbish.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Absolutely do not get a modern Dyson, they're flimsy badly designed rubbish.

We got the dc29 for €179 in Harvey Norman a little while back and it's decent, but not as well built as as our old dc08 nor as powerful. The dc08 kept going for about 13 years sucking up dog hairs and ash and anything else we threw at it. I wouldn't expect the dc29 to last the same as it feels cheaper built.

Yeah so I have an old Dyson already so wouldn't needs to buy a 2nd hand one (see all my posts)

Will look into stripping it/cleaning it/fixing it.

Where did you buy the parts?
    propper dyson parts can be bought from dyson parts office in tallaght,its a next day delievery job.
    or buy them from any good applience repair shop.theres a place up beside the garden of rememberence in dublin or theres mastercare in killester.a spurious non dyson pre filter kit is 12 euro and is just as good as the more expensive branded dyson filter.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

Miele are much better than dyson

http://www.did.ie/miele-white-vacuum-cleaner-with-hepa-filter-s778-prd

Just look here on boards for reviews

• Registered Users Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

cgarrad wrote: »

That's bull, dyson are way better. Well that's what I would have said before getting our newest dyson, and their not what they used to be. I used my mothers miele last week and it was a pleasure, loads of suction and variable power, and cheaper than most dysons.
    I'd take the advice of the above poster OP and check out some reviews of miele's.

jpb14 wrote: »
    propper dyson parts can be bought from dyson parts office in tallaght,its a next day delievery job.
    or buy them from any good applience repair shop.theres a place up beside the garden of rememberence in dublin or theres mastercare in killester.a spurious non dyson pre filter kit is 12 euro and is just as good as the more expensive branded dyson filter.

I've watched the video. Easy peasy lemon squeezy! I'll try that before buying new.

The "spurious" non dyson parts - I can buy them in those shops above?

Anywhere online I can buy them?? Those places are not handy for me.

• Advertisement

Ps. Mine is a purple one....don't think it's the dc08. I bought it in 2000/2001

• Registered Users Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

cgarrad wrote: »

Disagree, we had a Miele, lasted about 2 years and the motor burnt out. We've downgraded to a Siemens :(.

So think mine is the dc05 and I found here to order some compatible filters.

Will let you know in a week or two how I got on

I've watched the video. Easy peasy lemon squeezy! I'll try that before buying new.

The "spurious" non dyson parts - I can buy them in those shops above?

Anywhere online I can buy them?? Those places are not handy for me.

Yeah,deffo get them in Mastercare,the prefilter and plastic case was only a tenner there.You can try adverts,donedeal or ebay for dyson and spurious filters and parts.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭fiona-f

My Dyson, bought in 2006, was the biggest load of rubbish and marketing swizz ever. After years of heartache pushing it over the same patch of floor ten times to get even loose crumbs up, I lost my patience and binned it for a Miele. Best consumer decision I've ever made; as others said above the Miele is a joy to use, I honestly never have to take a second pass over any bit of flooring with it. Much less awkward than the bulky Dyson too. The only thing I don't like us the air vent blows upwards instead of out the rear, so you can get a breath of warm air but maybe other models are different to mine. I got mine on sale at Powercity marked down by e100 about two years ago, so I'd advise keeping a daily eye on their site for any bargains.

Advertisement