Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cctv system

Options
  • 02-03-2014 11:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭

I'm looking for an external home cctv system that also has its own screen/monitor.

I don't want to connect it up to the television. I seen them Chinese ones and they record from its own screen on to an SD card.

Can anyone recommend anything. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 abc2000

Hi ,
    the best at the moment is HD SDI standart,Full HD 1980/1080 .Bullet type cameras 40m IR.
    You will need also HD SDI DVR,power supply ,hard disk bought locally ,cables also bought locally.
    I installed one and the results are excellent.
    Shop on Aliexpress.
    Choose seller according to ratings.
    Have in mind Irish customs can add VAT on the full purchase price.
    Still it comes out 2-3 times cheaper than the same bought here.
    Good luck

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭MikeOis

abc2000 wrote: »
    Hi ,
    the best at the moment is HD SDI standart,Full HD 1980/1080 .Bullet type cameras 40m IR.
    You will need also HD SDI DVR,power supply ,hard disk bought locally ,cables also bought locally.
    I installed one and the results are excellent.
    Shop on Aliexpress.
    Choose seller according to ratings.
    Have in mind Irish customs can add VAT on the full purchase price.
    Still it comes out 2-3 times cheaper than the same bought here.
    Good luck

Hi, very interested in your reply!
    Could you elaborate on the camera models and DVR model you got from aliexpress and which supplier you used?
    Customs experience! Probably not allowed for public forum!!
    I'm on the look out for a similar system!
    Thanks Mike

Hello Mike,
    These are two stores I ordered from.Had to remove WWW and HTML so I can post them here???
    Not to be considered advertisement.
    Do your research,based on customer reviews etc.
    They have great communication.Payment with credit card is safe on Aliexpress site (this is the Chinese Ebay)
    Send them a message ,ask them for advice for the configuration.
    Ask for EMS shipment-courier but cheaper and you get the items in 10 days,other wise free delivery -more than a month-still registered post though.
    Hard drive-2 TB pixmania will give you ~7 days recording ,then it starts overwriting the earliest record automatically.
    You can put 2 hard drives up to 2 TB in the box , if needed.
    This is the top of the range as digital image quality on a budget.
    No loss of signal .Coax cables order them locally ,Siamese 75 ohm coax + power line,and you need connectors .This link is to UK site see the real live images (click to expand.)
    cctvfirst.co.uk/hd-sdi-images-pg49811.
    If you compare the camera parameters you will see they are the same like the ones in the links down,but the price is x3.
    Another thing I noticed in night mode it goes in Black and white with IR,picture is amazing,but fast moving objects are blurred ( frame rate is reduced.)
    What I did is install one cheap flood light with pir sensor from Homebase ,works great as sensitivity and the cameras coupled with the flood light go in color day mode 25 frames per second-perfect.
    I am quite happy with the effect achieved.
    If stopped at customs -you will get a letter asking to provide proof of payment including postage (screen shot) via email and they will calculate the VAT on that + 6 euro postal charge.
    You pay this to the postman when they deliver next day.
    Quite efficient system.
    These are the shops I choose .
    Ask them for a price for complete set-they give good discount.
    I also ordered cables from them-but did not work,the cables are for analogue CCTV, HD SDI needs better coax cable.I pulled them through the attic,so visually looks OK.
    The DVR has an option to get second feed to mobile device so you can see feed back remotelly-app RXcamPro,Asee+,
    How to configure the broadband modem-dig in the forum here.
    I hope this info helps, I my self found here good help a few times , so good luck.

aliexpress.com/store/724219
    aliexpress.com/store/product/4Ch-Digital-HD-SDI-DVR-1920-X-1080P-HD-Realtime-standalone-Audio-Video-recorder-HDMI-VGA/724219_1489904210
    aliexpress.com/store/product/CYBO-1080P-Panasonic-2-1-Megapixel-CMOS-HD-SDI-HD-CCTV-Infrared-IR-Day-Nightvision-Outdoor/724219_1425269817
    aliexpress.com/store/product/EU-US-AU-CCTV-Security-DC-12V-5A-Power-Supply-Adapter-1-TO-4-Splitter-Cable/724219_1242624231

aliexpress.com/store/1006255
    aliexpress.com/store/product/HD-SDI-1080P-1-2-8-Sony-Exmor-Sensor-2megapixels-digital-security-camera-42IR-2-8/1006255_1456946625
    aliexpress.com/store/product/Uin-Vision-4CH-1080P-HD-SDI-DVR-4CH-Realtime-Recording-4CH-Playback-1U-Case/1006255_1445245766

Connectors aliexpress.com/item/2-1mm-5-5mm-Male-Female-DC-Power-Jack-Adapter-Connector-Plug-For-CCTV-Camera-200pcs/456664474.html?s=p
    Cable RG 59 amazon.co.uk/GlobeTeck-Shotgun-Cable-Siamese-Quality/dp/B008M6UJQY/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1399808557&sr=8-2&keywords=cctv+cable+siamese

Forgot the Coax conectors that you need.
    Something like this.
    aliexpress.com/item/free-shipping-100pcs-BNC-male-twist-on-connector-RG59-coax-cable-plug-from-amay86/533240995
    Worked fine with RG 59 Cable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,736 ✭✭✭hexosan

Anyone bought stuff off aliexpress lately. What's thhe quality of the products like. Is it worth getting the equipment there or sticking with a known supplier.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

hexosan wrote: »
    Anyone bought stuff off aliexpress lately. What's thhe quality of the products like. Is it worth getting the equipment there or sticking with a known supplier.

Most of it is just re-branded.

Can anyone recommend a good system off aliexpress preferably one they gotten themselves.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Have you a budget in mind?
    You would probably be better dealing with some local suppliers.
    There are some good CCTV suppliers listed in the sticky here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055956748

From looking at prices on aliexpress would €500 get me much ??

I've a friend of a friend who's registered with PSA who can install the system if I can't manage if myself.

I have a 2tb HD I can wipe and use and can source a LCD TV

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You would get better value from some of the suppliers listed I reckon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Can anyone recommend a good system off aliexpress preferably one they gotten themselves.
    From looking at prices on aliexpress would €500 get me much ??

I've a friend of a friend who's registered with PSA who can install the system if I can't manage if myself.

I have a 2tb HD I can wipe and use and can source a LCD TV

I would recommend looking at the Hik Vision HD gear, if you have the HD that will cut back on cost also but i would recommend using a surveillance drive in any DVR used.

Advertisement