Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheapest Tailor Dublin

• 02-03-2014 11:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 21

So I went to alterations centre just off grafton street. I was told on the phone that it was 12 euro to get a shirt taken in on phone. When I got the bill it was 32 for two shirts. I found it quite expensive considering the whole process takes less than 5 minutes a shirt.
    Does anyone know somewhere that offers more reasonable alterations prices? I was hoping for something as trivial as taking in a waist I wouldn't be paying over a 10er a shirt

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭ladhrann

Altering a shirt properly takes more than 5 minutes. If you paid more than what you were quoted then take that up with management or when paying.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,115 ✭✭✭eviltimeban

I was recently charged 10 euros to take up trousers, 10 euros to let out the waist of the same trousers, and 25 to make a minor adjustment on a suit jacket it (taking it in). Alterations aren't cheap...

I was quoted 40 another time for jacket tailoring. Never had a shirt taken in but 16 per shirt seems about OK to me. Its only 4 more per shirt than what you were quoted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

If you find a cheap tailor, you'll get cheap looking work.

Not trying to be funny op, but it takes an awful lot more than 5 minutes to alter the shape of an already made garment. Maybe if all the person is doing is cutting a lump off the bottom and sewing a new hem it might get done in 10. But if the seams need to be unpicked, garment measured, pinned, checked for drape, tacked, checked again, sewn, checked, tidied and pressed... Well you can see where I'm going.

I agree if you were quoted a price then you shouldn't be charged more but that's a different issue than finding a 'cheap' tailor.

Advertisement