Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible to get de-boned mackerel fillets?

Options
  • 03-03-2014 12:45am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭

Might sound like a silly question, but is it possible to get de-boned mackerel fillets?
    We had mackerel earlier and we couldn't enjoy it because it was so bony and every few minutes we were spitting out bones we'd almost choked on.

I'm in South Dublin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved to Dublin County South as the locals may be better able to advise you of a fishmonger in the area who can help you.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,992 ✭✭✭DavyD_83

I'm sure if you talk to a fishmonger, they'd be able to sort you out.
    Only decent one i know of these days locally is on Rathmines Road Upper - in row of shops with O'Briens off license etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

If you are near Dún Laoghaire drop into the fish shop at the end of the Coal Harbour, they'll do whatever you want with the fish

21/25

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Cavastons in Glasthule wil fillet fish for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

There is a newish fish mongers in cornelscourt

no idea what they are like, but I expect most will do it. That horkans building is where Paul Sextons garden shop was.

10741592495_00f5b748ce.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭fussyonion

Thanks so much everyone..hopefully I can now eat mackerel without choking to death :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,925 ✭✭✭RainyDay

These guys will sort you out;

http://www.mcloughlinseafood.ie/

Advertisement