Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS and Android games I play right now. What's yours?

Options
  • 03-03-2014 4:47am
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Let me share you guys my personal experience about my experience for playing mobile games and I would like to see your games as well. Feel free to comment below and let’s share our games. I have been active in mobile gaming once again and tried games with different genres. Exploring all types of genres is my goal now. Trying to set a benchmark when picking a game. I visited the appstore and google play and made my own research to make a list of all the games that I will play especially during the weekend.

First in my gaming list is Royal Revolt, a reversed tower defense game. Instead of making defense for your own territory, you will play as the invaders. Really cool and exciting story, gameplay and animation. Next up is Dead Trigger, a first person zombie action shooter game. High end graphics and controls. It can be a little tricky at first but you can adapt to it if you play longer. Last but not the least is Kingdom of Legend or K.O.L, a strategy game. One of the few and newest strategy games that I have played in Android and iOS. What I liked about this game is that you can control your own Kingdom. Resources, upgrades, soldiers and a whole lot more. Not to mention that the wars in this game are international. All players around the world can participate. The game itself is very easy to understand along with its mechanics. Superb illustrations of soldiers. A real eye candy if you ask me.

All I can say is that I enjoyed all these games but as a strategist in all types of games I play, King of Legend best suits me well. With all my friends and other players around the world all in one game, this would be one heck of a challenge. How about you guys? What are you playing right now? Are you into Strategy games as well? Lemme know your opinions and suggestions.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

Flappy bird.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Kingdom Rush, still. Panzer Corps and similar Slitherine releases occasionally. Mobile is a rather good platform for older style turn based wargames.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I am trying to love phone gaming, but too often it just doesn't do anything for me.
    Super Hexagon is probably the best of them tbh.
    But when you have a 3DS and Vita on your person where ever you go, and a selection of emulation solutions on the work PC, the phone doesn't get a look in for gaming, aside from the occasional soul destroying game of Solitaire.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭Amirani

I'm the same. I've a Nexus 7 and a Moto G, both well capable of gaming, but I never game at all on them.

My favourite genre on PC though is grand strategy, which obviously doesn't work too great in mobile.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭steve_r

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I am trying to love phone gaming, but too often it just doesn't do anything for me.
    But when you have a 3DS and Vita on your person where ever you go, and a selection of emulation solutions on the work PC, the phone doesn't get a look in for gaming, aside from the occasional soul destroying game of Solitaire.

I'd agree absolutely in terms of controls and standard of game quality, I'd hate to lose my 3ds.

However, there was a point made on a different thread about mobile being a good place to find indie games. I do think the app stores are flooded with rubbish, and touch controls can ruin the game experience but often I get the android humble bundles and I am amazed at the standard and diversity of the games.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

CiDeRmAn wrote: »

Well, the kinds of games I love on mobile (usually strategy or tower defense) benefit from the touchscreen and wouldn't work at all on a 3DS or Vita really. Whereas many of the genres the 3DS or Vita do very well (e.g. traditional platformers) don't work well with touchscreens. Different games for different platforms, it's not much different with consoles and PCs really, both have genres they do much better than the other platform (local multiplayer doesn't work very well with PC, things practically demanding a mouse like RTS games don't tend to work well on consoles).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,726 ✭✭✭qwertz

TSTO, Air Tycoon and Disco Zoo. Great to kill some time on public transport.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Ult1mat3X

summoners war and pubg mobile

Advertisement