Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Upgrading -- 5s or 5c ?

• 03-03-2014 9:53am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,498 ✭✭✭✭

Am due an upgrade on my 4s soon and have the choice of 5s /5c
    Whats difference between them and what would you go for and why

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,907 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

cjmc wrote: »
    Am due an upgrade on my 4s soon and have the choice of 5s /5c
    Whats difference between them and what would you go for and why

For the extra €100 it is definitely better to go for the 5s rather than the 5c. The 5c is pretty much the same internals as what the iPhone 5 had but instead of an aluminium finish, comes with in a plastic casing.

The 5s has a 64 bit A7 processor which is a lot more powerful and future proof than the A6 in the 5c. The camera is improved significantly and the Touch ID fingerprint scanner can be very useful and has potential for future versions of iOS.

Honestly I see no reason for anyone to go for the 5c unless money is a real issue but considering what you get for the extra money, the 5s is the best option all day long. The 5c hasn't been a success at all.

Have a look here - http://ipod.about.com/od/iPhone5SandiPhone5C/tp/Differences-Between-Iphone-5s-Iphone-5c.htm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭PaddyFagan

Aodhagan wrote: »
    Honestly I see no reason for anyone to go for the 5c unless money is a real issue but considering what you get for the extra money, the 5s is the best option all day long.

Just to provide an alternative view point - I have a 5c, I just couldn't justify the extra 120 my operator where looking for a 5s will the same storage (deeper discounts on the 5c).

Why? Well the extras on the 5s didn't effect me on a day to day basis now - my own personal feeling is that the touch ID will improve a lot in the next version. So I'd prefer to keep the 120 notes and look at what the next version brings.....

Also I'm getting a bit bored with the aluminum and glass look of the iPhone 4/5 - and like the fact that my 5c is bright blue (I have a green official case too!).

But your money, your choice.

Paddy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 138 ✭✭makoten

You're probably better off with the 5s, I'm guessing you'll be using it for at least 1-2 years so the better hardware would make a difference down the line, especially with new iOS versions. The 5s also has the M7 motion coprocessor which can collect sensor data (driving, walking, running or sleeping) that can be used with a variety of health and fitness apps.

If you can wait for the iPhone 6, that might be the best choice.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

If the iPhone 4S is working fine I'd go to a sim only plan and wait for the iPhone 6 or whatever Apple will call it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,498 ✭✭✭✭cj maxx

As far as i know both are free on my plan , so 5c is better option ?

• Advertisement

No. If they are both free you will want the 5s.

Aodhagan wrote: »
    No. If they are both free you will want the 5s.

Sorry my bad , meant 5s ;)

Mr.S wrote: »
    Not necessarily. I mean yeah the 5S is obviously the better spec phone, but I much prefer the feel/look of the 5C then the 5S!

Could just put a polycarbonate coloured case over the 5s ;) and don't forget the Croc case over that as well :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,066 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

I must be well out of the loop. What plan entitles you to a free 5s upgrade?

Mr.S wrote: »
    Depends on how long your with your carrier too, better upgrades for longer / higher paying customers!

I got the 5S upgrade for free from 3, ****ty 2 year contract but I have no plan on leaving

They charged me an extra €20 for the s , havent gotten it set up yet so cant comment . Any difference to the 4s i should know about ?

• Advertisement
Advertisement