Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TULLAROAN MARATHON 2014

Options
  • 03-03-2014 10:27am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

Anyone know anything about this marathon. Is it fast slow, hilly or flat, one loop or two etc and how much would it cost. Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Which one?
    There's two of them being held.

One is at the end of April and one is in May,
    One in May is a two loop course,

• Registered Users Posts: 14 jerby

Cabaal wrote: »
    Which one?
    There's two of them being held.

One is at the end of April and one is in May,
    One in May is a two loop course,

Sorry. The one in may. Working for the one in April. Thanks for your quick reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Gijima

Check the Marathon Club Ireland site for updates, entry details will probably be posted closer to the race date.

Any idea what the route's like?

Gijima wrote: »
    Check the Marathon Club Ireland site for updates, entry details will probably be posted closer to the race date.

Any idea what the route's like?

No clue about the route. Thanks Gijima

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭Oisin11178

• Advertisement

Oisin11178 wrote: »

Oisin. Thanks for that. I think MCI are trying to sort out a discount. Will have to keep an eye out. Thanks again

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Vinnyg21

Tullaroan AC is hosting theMay31st marathon it includes full/half marathon,10k and 5k . online entry is open on Active.com. Course details can be veiwed on map my run.Mci is running the one onapril19th.hope this is some help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,656 ✭✭✭village runner

Vinnyg21 wrote: »
    Tullaroan AC is hosting theMay31st marathon it includes full/half marathon,10k and 5k . online entry is open on Active.com. Course details can be veiwed on map my run.Mci is running the one onapril19th.hope this is some help.

Never heard of tullaroan AC......how many are expected for the full ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

Think they just started up VR. Great to see another AC in the county

• Registered Users Posts: 2,677 ✭✭✭kit3

Is there a half in April also or is this just a full one ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭NoGutsNoGlory

tullaroan AC .. new club .. small membership...... they had a running trainer out there a few years ago putting the hurlers through there paces .. maybe it started from there...;);)

kit3 wrote: »
    Is there a half in April also or is this just a full one ?

just the full i think - details on marathon club website.

the one in may looks like a great day for running in kilkenny - a race for everyone and every standard..

• Registered Users Posts: 1 hoynefurniture

It's great to see Tullaroan running these Marathon's! I believe the facilities are going to be very good with showers at the finish etc. Best of luck to them!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,821 ✭✭✭blockic

It's great to see Tullaroan running these Marathon's! I believe the facilities are going to be very good with showers at the finish etc. Best of luck to them!!

You wouldn't be involved in the organising by any chance? ;)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Will likely do the one in April, only pain is Callan has a 10km the next day and I wanted to do it....ok, I could still do it but I'd be far from racing it!

• Registered Users Posts: 127 ✭✭paulie gaultieri

A big congrats to Tullaroan AC and MCI on a great race last Saturday. All augers well for the main event on May 31.

Course is tough but a smashing pint of ale in Connolly's awaits those planning to take part.

Yeah course was hilly enough, especially on second loop when you start to hit mile 23...bit of a challenge :)

Cabaal wrote: »
    Yeah course was hilly enough, especially on second loop when you start to hit mile 23...bit of a challenge :)

can you post up a garmin profile of the route ? ill prob run the may event.

can you post up a garmin profile of the route ? ill prob run the may event.

there you go

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/482781879

• Registered Users Posts: 684 ✭✭✭Toblerone1978

Username|Full/half/10km/5km|PB|Predicted time|Actual Time
    Toblerone1978|Half|1:27:00|1:30:00|
    ||||
    So who's doing this? I'm doing the 1/2, for no other reason other than it passes by my house :)

I'm not too worried about the time, I'm going to run it by my HR rather than pace. It's too hilly for me to be worrying about a PB time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 40 baldymolloy

looking forward to doing the marathon ,hope they do well

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Formosa

Formosa|Half|1:50:17|1:49:59|||||

I'll be ambitious & say I'll break 1hr50, though with tender achilles and a hilly course, I'll take anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 490 ✭✭Butterbeans

I'm going to do the half. There's a couple of hefty hills on that course, but I have plenty of hill work done, and I'm hoping this will pay off.
    I'm looking to break 1hr35, which would be a PB for me. It's ambitious, but on a good day definitely achievable.
    I hope you'll have refreshments outside the house Toblerone ;-)

Formosa|Half|1:50:17|1:49:59|
    Baldymolloy|Full|||
    Butterbeans|Half||1:35:00|

Table updated.

Butterbeans, I'll probably be leaving a bottle of water out for myself - you're more than welcome to take a sup out of it! :)

Formosa|Half|1:50:17|1:49:59|
    Baldymolloy|Full|||
    Butterbeans|Half||1:35:00|

Table updated.

Butterbeans, I'll probably be leaving a bottle of water out for myself - you're more than welcome to take a sup out of it! :)

Grand job. I promise not to backwash!

• Registered Users Posts: 178 ✭✭ArtieFufkin

I'm going to give this a go. Aiming for my first sub-3hr this time :o

Anyone know when and where race numbers and chip timers can be collected for the race?
    Can't find any info on this.

Anyone know when and where race numbers and chip timers can be collected for the race?
    Can't find any info on this.

try the FB page for this race .. i think you can collect them on morning of the race. in Tullarone.. its not a large place:D. so you cant miss race HQ.

I understand there's an email to go out on Friday but basically you can collect the numbers before 10.30 at the Tullaroan sport field on Saturday morning.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Gijima

I understand there's an email to go out on Friday but basically you can collect the numbers before 10.30 at the Tullaroan sport field on Saturday morning.

What's the start time for marathon? Any updates here will be handy.

Advertisement