Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

riello 40 not progressing through firing sequence

• 03-03-2014 11:01am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭

Hi all, this problem has me stumped. Any help is appreciated.

My boiler (firebird 90) stopped working over the weekend. All that happens is the the cover of the fan lifts and the fan spins.. and that's it! It doesn't lock out or anything. I have to turn off the mains to get the fan to stop and when I turn on the mains again it goes straight back to this. There is no spark and no spray from the nozzle. I'm pretty sure the oil pump is working (as the ram on the fan lifts).

I have a spare control box here and swapped it in but it's the same story. I've changed the nozzle, still nothing, and I've changed the photocell.

I'm stumped!

Thanks
    Wazzo

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

Hi all, this problem has me stumped. Any help is appreciated.

My boiler (firebird 90) stopped working over the weekend. All that happens is the the cover of the fan lifts and the fan spins.. and that's it! It doesn't lock out or anything. I have to turn off the mains to get the fan to stop and when I turn on the mains again it goes straight back to this. There is no spark and no spray from the nozzle. I'm pretty sure the oil pump is working (as the ram on the fan lifts).

I have a spare control box here and swapped it in but it's the same story. I've changed the nozzle, still nothing, and I've changed the photocell.

I'm stumped!

Thanks
    Wazzo
    If your spare control box and new photocell are ok,Then the fault is either the solenoid coil or the motor is not giving 50volts to white wire connected to terminal 7

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 659 ✭✭✭wazzoraybelle

Thanks, I swapped out the capacitor as well, still the same story. I've no spare solenoid unfortunately so will have to buy one. Would the ram on the blower still lift if the solenoid was faulty?

Thanks, I swapped out the capacitor as well, still the same story. I've no spare solenoid unfortunately so will have to buy one. Would the ram on the blower still lift if the solenoid was faulty?
    Yes.The fault wasnt the capacitor.Do you have a multimeter.
    To test coil, Turn of all power,Resistance of blue+black wire 1.4ohms,Resistance of blue+brown wire 1.47kilo ohms

Thanks again, I don't have a multi meter handy, I'll try to borrow one.

If you sure your new control box and new photo cell are ok,you would be better just buying a new solenoid coil,It will cost less than 15 euro.sometimes a new photocell can be faulty[rare].To test,Turn off power,remove photocell from control box and replace control box,Restart burner and if the burner goes to lock out the new photocell is faulty.my money is on the coil though

• Advertisement

Thanks a million, replaced the solenoid and it's firing up perfectly!

Wazzo.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,965 ✭✭✭jimf

well spotted agusta

Advertisement