Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

buying a new computer

Options
  • 03-03-2014 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi I need to buy a new computer as my current model is about 8 years old and on the way out, I will also be buying a new printer as the HP unit i have seems to have died as well.I am looking to buy a desk top and was wondering if some one here could give me some idea of the specs I should be looking for when I walk into somewhere like PC World etc.I don't use it for games or watching films, but mainly for surfing the web storing photo's/ music and such.I am not really up to date with the current offerings so would like some independent advice as to what.s useful and what,s not.The printer I would like to get should be capable of printing good quality photo's and have a scanning function and maybe a few other bell's and whistle,s I don't know abiut yet. Any advice would be most helpful. Thank you

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

PC world will rip you off completely especially with desktops. There computers are pretty bad and terribly overpriced.

Whats your budget? Dell probably the best way to go I think

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭gordon029

Hi Thank you for your reply.My budget is about 700 euro incl a printer

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭gordon029

It looks like I will have to revise my plans for the replacement as have just been on to Dell (thank you for the suggestion) and they have told me that a new computer with extended warranty and office will be over 800 euro so I will have to dig a bit deeper to fund it.Does this sound ok and is the warranty worth it? Thanks for reading and advice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 970 ✭✭✭yawhat!

No its not worth it, you will be covered for a year with a free warranty. I think there trying to overcharge you.

This is very good PC for 489 with one year warranty with an I3 Processor and 8GB of Ram.

You could get the printer and monitor from Argos
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1147986/Trail/searchtext%3EMONITOR.htm

Advertisement